Wednesday 1 July 2009

Arch Supports


I bought this product about a month back and really liked it. I have worn all kinds of arch support and have had surgery on both feet. I wanted something I could plod about the house with. I hate wearing shoes (live in FL)

The only problem I found was in the design. one strap curls around the other to fasten on the opposite side, leaving a lump at the crossover. I fixed this by cutting a small slit in the opposing side and I feed it through the center. Now in sits perfectly flat under my sandals too.

Beware. I figured they were a pack of two (I have two feet) Nope, just the one came..but! I am back for more! Easy wear, easy wash..I have one happy foot :) Mueller Arch Support, Black, One Size

I am a serious runner (1200 miles a year), run in minimalist running shoes (no arch support or cushioning), and have flat feet. As a result, periodically I get pain in one of my arches. Over the years I have collected an assortment of products to deal with this problem, and am always interested in trying new products. I recognize that everyone's feet and needs are different, but for me the Mueller Arch Support relieves my pain immediately and works just fine. Here is what I like:



1. This is more compact and less bulky than products that support both the ankle and the arch. While those products come in handy when my ankle is also bothering me, I like to wear the smallest support possible when I run to deal with whatever problem I have. The Mueller Arch Support takes up very little room in my running shoes, and also is comfortable to wear in regular shoes.



2. This is very simple to use. Just place the small blue pad under the center of your arch, wrap the strap on the inside of your foot (not shown in the picture on Amazon) around the top of your foot, and while holding it in place, wrap the strap on the outside of your foot (which is shown in the picture and has the word "Mueller" on it) over the top of your foot and secure it to the neoprene. Doing that will also keep the first strap in place. While another review notes that there is a "lump" where the two straps cross, for me it is neglible and no different than other products that I own. It certainly has no effect on my comfort in wearing this, whether barefoot, in running shoes, or in street shoes.



3. While the picture shows this support being worn over a sock, you can also wear it directly on your foot. This means that you can wear it while walking barefoot in your house (which I like to do), or under a sock when you go to the office, so nobody will know that you have it on.



4. For me the blue pad is comfortable and provides the right amount of pressure (which is listed as "moderate" on the package), and the two straps are well secured. This also stays in place without slipping when I run, walk around the house, or go to the office. And most important, it relieves the pain. I have read the negative reviews, and can only say that I have not had the experience that they describe.



5. As another review notes, only one comes in a package, which is fine with me because I usually have only one arch that bothers me. Also, the straps are definitely long enough so that one size fits all. On the other hand, I have relatively small feet (size 8 street shoe), but the straps are not excessively long for me.



IMPORTANT: This is NOT returnable. After I ordered it, I saw something else, and decided to return this. But when I clicked on a link to return this, I got a message that it was not returnable, which I confirmed with Amazon customer service. I am glad that I kept it, but just keep the no return policy in mind, which is nowhere mentioned on the Amazon site.



Bottom line: This is relatively inexpensive, and certainly worth a try if you have arch pain. While it may not work for everyone, it does work just fine for me.

I have orthodics made of metal and leather. They work great in shoes so I needed something for yoga. Unfortunately, this product is too soft to provide any real support barefoot. At least for me. I have fairly high arches. Hope it works for you!

These are basicly just flaps that velcro together.

Although the nice part is that you can stretch it and pull it to how tight you want it.

But because of the material it is made of... it doesn't seem like it will last through much constant wear.

The "gel support" in the middle feels nice although it doesn't feel like anything is there supporting it.

It's not even a gel but some kind of cushiony snthetic cotton blend.

It's alright...

I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

note that this company doesn't accept returns,,,hmm wonder why...because they sell junk.

read between the fine lines there is only one arch support in this purchase,not a right and a left---just 1 (ONE) and when u get it u love it for 2 days then the gel evaporates or just oowses into your sock ,,and then its flat. i have had better luck just doubling up on my socks..

---what really sucks is this company does not even want to hear about your complaints, but they sure will take your money with a smile.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Arch Supports Arch Supports Arch Supports