Monday 1 June 2009

Shakers


These salt shakers are LARGE. You probably won't have to fill them up but twice a year!! They're nice to sit by the stove to use in cooking but not nice enough or sized to be put on the dinner table. Very functional however, and I use them daily. Oggi Salt and Pepper Shaker Set with Stainless Steel Tops, Red

I wanted black shakers and the options were few. The first set of shakers I sent back because the top didn't fit properly. With the bottom being ceramic and the top metal, the fit isn't always the best. My second set was better and Amazon is awesome about replacing items. The salt and pepper comes out rather fast due to the large holes in the letters, but you learn to adjust.

These are really cool, LOVE the color and design, but they are BIG--which is fine with me, but don't complain when you get these and you thought you were getting little shakers. I am very happy with my purchase.

These are big and beautiful but unfortunately the lids just spin and spin making them unuseable - if you want them purely for looks, then go for it. Otherwise, you could end up with much more salt and/or pepper on your food than you want! =)

I was extremely happy with the beautiful red color and the large size...which is great for cooking. One of the reasons I purchased these was the top...I'm so tired of filling shakers from the bottom while salt and pepper pour out the holes. However, the inside of the salt top rusted horribly after just a couple months. I have since scrubbed them and poked thru all the holes, had them rust up again, scrubbed them/poked thru all the holes, had them rust up again...you get the idea. The pepper shaker has less of a rust problem, but it still rusts inside also. I love the look of them and if the tops didn't rust (or if I could figure out a way to stop them from rusting) I'd give them 5 stars! I'm currently shopping Amazon for new S&P shakers that don't have any metal...I'll have to fill from the bottom, but I've discovered that's a lesser pain in my butt than the rusted tops.

I love a set of extra large salt and pepper shakers for cooking. This set was exactly what I wanted. The tops screw off so you can fill them easily. The salt shaker is perfect for kosher or sea salt. The pepper shaker also does well with large-ground pepper. The only problem is that the salt shaker leaks. I honestly don't know how, but the salt leaks out of the threaded area of the lid. I'm too lazy to send it back but I don't think asking for a replacement would do any good anyway as I suspect that they are all this way. I believe it to be a design malfunction. Otherwise, I am very satisfied with the product and with the company's service. Everything I ordered arrived on time and in good order.

item is great. bold color, large size. just what I wanted. Had to return the first set because tops would not screw on properly. Had seen this complaint many times in the review. Some quality control would eliminate that problem and future frustration for customers. BUT, when I notified the seller I had a replacement and a return label the NEXT DAY. And the replacement worked fine. So that aspect of the customer service was OUTSTANDING. I would order from this seller again.

Great color and I like the stainless steel tops - looks fab on my kitchen counter and matches my colors/appliances. In my opinion. they are too big to be very pratical to use except by the stove. They really are BIG. Pay attention to the dementions listed before you buy.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shakers Shakers Shakers