Sunday 21 June 2009

Husqvarna Push Mower - cordless lawn mower, self-propelled


I have used this mower once, for less than an hour. Part of that time was spent looking for a replacement bolt and washer after a front wheel fell off--it's Sunday and the hardware store is closed. Now I'm again looking for a bolt and washer, for a rear wheel this time. (On Mother's Day, all I ask is to be able get the lawn mowed before it rains!)



This review would have been enthusiastic instead of frustrated if it weren't for this problem. Except for the wheels, the mower seems sturdy so far.



Other unexpected downsides are that the charger can't be plugged in too long--I solved this one by attaching a timer that switches it off if I forget--and that it needs to be charged every thirty days all year round. Here, that means 6 months of charging it when not using it. I hope I'll remember to do that (including remembering to add it to my list of things to do before we go away in case the time is up while we're gone). Apparently the battery can be removed so it can be charged indoors (I haven't tried removing it yet.)



Otherwise, the mower is pretty cute, easy to assemble, runs and cuts well, sounds like a mower but not excruciatingly so, not too heavy for a small woman to push around. I liked it--and I hate mowers in general--until it started dropping wheels and bolts all over the lawn.



(The mower arrived with the wheels already on, I didn't put them on myself.) I tried again and ended up losing 3 bolts (2 original, one my replacement). With great reluctance, because I love it except for this fatal flaw, I'm returning it. Earthwise 60214 14-Inch 24 Volt Side Discharge/Mulching Cordless Electric Lawn Mower

I bought this mower to use as a trimmer It is very well made, handles very well & a good buy. EXCEPT !!!!! During my first usage the left front wheel fell off. I put it back on as tight as possible & started to mow again. The right front wheel fell off Same routine! The factory fastening method is faulty. I went to the hardware store & bought 4 bent lock washers. { very cheap }. Put the factory washer on the wheel fastening screw, then the bent lock washer & tighten it up. End of problem. I trimmed the rest of the yard {many many bushes & trees} with no further problems, & all 3 LED lights are still green - indicating the battery is still fully charged!! - Self-propelled - Walk-behind Rotary Mowers - Cordless Electric Mower - Cordless Lawn Mower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Husqvarna Push Mower - cordless lawn mower, self-propelled self-propelled Husqvarna Push Mower - cordless lawn mower, self-propelled