Monday 15 June 2009

counter - lap counters, counter


I use this to count prayers and like the fact that I can silence the beep. The mechanical tally counters are noisy and are not appropriate for my use - especially when other people are around. I have been using the E2 for almost 2 months and so far the unit works great. The small blue button at the top (used for resetting the tally) sticks out too much and can easily get pressed down causing the tally to go to zero. So what I have done is to stick two felt pads on either side of the blue button and then put a thick rubber band around the edge of the unit to further prevent the counter from accidentally resetting. The unit is small and light weight. The E2 only counts upwards - which is all I need. The E3 can also count downwards, but with two smaller buttons, I suspect that people may press the wrong button on the E3. Electronic Tally Counter

To the review given by P. Nyer just previous - good news - the new design of this unit prevents this problem. The count will not reset to zero unless both the blue and the count buttons are pressed at the same time for three seconds. Additionally the device will not turn off unless the count is reset to zero and the blue button is pressed for three seconds. Haribol!



-------------------------------------------------------------



Well it's about four months now owning this unit. I am still very happy with it ... although I now agree with P. Nyer's comments. I thought this was a new design ... it isn't ... and if you keep your counter in, say, your pocket with other items there is a good chance that those items will push both buttons [counter and on/off buttons] and clear or reset the counter. The surprise you get is that the count is lower than when you put it in your pocket. Some people would think that this is ecstatic because it gives one a chance to extend one's daily prayers ... sigh ...



So I used felt in the way suggested by P. Nyer ... a piece of cheap felt from a dollar store ... folded over and delicately cut out a small slit for the hole [remember felt is easy to fall apart] and then make a strip from the felt and epoxy it to the end of the unit with the on/off button. Over time the felt frays ... not to fear as it still provides the same service to resist counter reset ... at some time in the future I suppose I'll need to replace the felt, but since I've used this tip I've never had a surprise reset again.

I purchased this item to replace the "tick sheet" tallies each week when I volunteer at the airport. We are supposed to keep track of how many passengers we help during our 4 hour shift. I used pen and paper for this for 3 years, quite clumsy and easy to forget. With this simple clicker, MUCH easier. It's exactly what I needed, records accurately, resets easily, easy to read, no problems whatsoever. - Lap Counter - Counter - Lap Counters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


counter - lap counters, counter counter counter - lap counters, counter