Tuesday 30 June 2009

Adhesive Putty - poster, adhesives


I purchased the Henkel Duck Adhesive Mounting Putty to help decorate my preschooler's room. He is constantly bringing home new artwork from school, and I wanted something that I was comfortable letting him use himself to place his pictures where he wanted them. This was the stuff - it works great for posters and light pictures. I did have a problem with a heavier item, but I'm sure the product wasn't meant for that. It is easy to use, easy to remove, and does not mark white walls. Duck Poster Putty, Removable/Reusable, Nontoxic, 2 Ounce/Pack (PTY-2)

The painted cement block walls that grace most public school classrooms are tough surfaces to attach interesting artifacts to...especially when the teacher is required to "leave no marks". Most teachers these days augment their schools' budgets out of their own pockets, and the annual purchase of Poster Putty by my wife, a master third grade teacher, is no exception. Over the years, she has purchased a gob of this stuff (pun intended)...typically at the start of the year. She has found that Duck Poster Putty stays pliable...and subsequently better holds artifacts...longer than competing products (notably 3M Scotch). She tells me she has enough to do without needing to re-hanging artifacts midway through a trimester. Enough said.

My son and his roommate thought this would be good to put up in the apartment instead of nails.

This stuff sticks to everything wall and posters.

Removing it is like removing old chewing gum.

You have to scrap so much that you have to patch the drywall when done.

Not a good product unless you like to scrap and repaint when your done.

Hope this saves you time don't buy this has to be a better product some where.

Finally a product that actually works but is non toxic, doesn't dry out, can be used on multiple surfaces and easy to work with. I have used this product on the wall, wood, posters, plastic, paper, cardboard and on a picture frame.



There are tons of adhesive mounting putty, but I've noticed that non toxic is common, but drying out and being able to work on multiple surfaces isn't always the case.

This mounting putty did the trick, but is a little harder to remove than another brand I have tried. It held up all of my Christmas cards very well, but when it was time to take them down the blue goo was a little too tacky for my liking. - Poster - Adhesive Putty - Adhesives - Fasteners'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adhesive Putty - poster, adhesives fasteners Adhesive Putty - poster, adhesives