Thursday 21 May 2009

Telescopic Fishing Rod - travel rod, fishing rod


They work great and last forever.



The best reel under $35 you can find (excluding other Shimano models under $35, which just get better and better for every additional dollar you spend).



Smooth (relatively, it only costs $13), flawless performance, tough.



I have a lot of these (1000s, 2500s and 4000s) that are over 15 years old, and were subject to very heavy saltwater use, and they still work fine.





I have caught literally hundreds of Mangrove snapper, Snook to 25 lbs, Tarpon to 30 lbs on this model, and they always come through.





For kids or beginners, you cannot find a better starting reel.



I use them as "assembly line" rods on an intercoastal dock I fish on. I put 6 or 8 of them in rod holders, baited with live shrimp, and wait for the action. (I'd say the average reel I own has spent over 100 hours in a rod holder, getting hit constantly by stingrays, snappers, snook and other game fish, and tackle busting Sail cats).



My 1000, with 6lb test line, out fought a 15 pound Jack Crevalle (who was getting chased the entire fight by a 6 foot Lemon shark and a 6 foot Hammerhead shark so you know the jack was swimming at full speed :) ) during a 60 minute fight on the flats in the Keys.



Buy one and you will be happy!





BTW, I never use the trigger bail thingy, but it seems to work fine. Shimano® IX Spinning Reel, IX-4000RC

For $13, I didn't expect to get much usage from this reel (the 1000 model). I bought it basically as a backup reel, but I decided to try it out after I bought it. I put it on my Ultra-Light rod, and only loaded it with 4 pound line. I used appropriately sized bait/lures, and I didn't miss a beat bringing in the Bluegills. Especially for a beginner, or as a backup, there's no down-side to this reel. Of course, the line retrieve isn't as smooth on this (I don't believe it even has any ball bearings), but then again, it's only $13. I liked the 1000 model so much, I bought the 2000 model also, as a backup to my rod/reel combo that I use 6 pound line on. Sure enough, the first time I used it, I reeled in a fighting 2 pound bass on it, and it worked great. I've used both the 1000 and 2000 models I own probably 3 times each, so they're not exactly getting a workout, but I can say that, using appropriately sized bait for the smaller fish, this reel should do the job just fine.

I've had one of these reels for about 15 years. Now it hasn't been used constantly the whole time. Well I own several more reels now and the ix has given me the least amount of trouble. I'm comparing this with $90 reels. It castes and retrieves pretty well. The one big plus about this reel is that is has never broken. This is a good cheap reel that holds up to lots of use.

For the price you cant beat it. I have it paired with a Shimano FXS 2 Piece Spinning Rod. The quick fire is amazing, and for a 10$ plastic reel with no ball bearings it is really smooth and well built. This is my first spinning setup and I wasn't sure if I was ready to switch over from baitcasting gear. It is better for lighter lures I must admit. I really like this reel over other more expensive spinning reels I looked at. I would reccomend for a beginner or anyone else that needs a good solid cheap spinning reel.

I have been using the Shimano IX series reels since I was a teenager. I am in my late 30's now and I swear by these reels. They have outlasted most of my 6-8 bearing rear drag and other more expensive reels by far. They clean up easily, are easy to re-grease and maintain and with the proper line and lures you will absolutely love the feel of a big fish. Still haven't mastered the rear drag system but that could be "user error" Happy Fishing.

I bought a pair of these as economical spare reels for my fishing gear. I was pleased to find they were smooth geared work horses and well worth the scant 10 dollar price. This reel is $36.00 at other well known commercial outlets. After catching several large trout on my first outing with them and enjoying the easy casting, smooth drag feel, I would buy these again in a heartbeat!

I bought one of these a few years ago when I decided to get back into fishing. My Buddy gave me a rod for free and told me to buy one of these reels. I mainly bass fish and I've been catching them on this reel consistently for the past few years with no problem.

Ok. I'm gonna be honest. this reel is awesome. ive everything from snagging kokanee salmon up to 6lbs on 15lb coploymer mono line to real light tackle: 2lb mono with trout magnets. the reel stands up to water, dirt, everything so far. if you are reading this review wondering if you should get the reel. GET IT! id buy 20 more if needed. - Telescopic Fishing Rod - Kids Fishing - Travel Rod - Fishing Rod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Telescopic Fishing Rod - travel rod, fishing rod kids fishing Telescopic Fishing Rod - travel rod, fishing rod