Thursday 21 May 2009

Raymond Weil Freelancer - raymonds, watches


I wanted a stainless watch with a black face. This one does the trick. At $1,400, I wanted to love it but I don't. Here's why, it's a little heavy (even for an automatic) and slightly thicker than I would prefer. Thickness measures at 11.2 MM but who the heck can guage that before actually seeing the watch. The face almost seems blue and definitely not the deep black that the picture displays. Lastly, I thought I would like the tinge of red used in the battery reserve indicator but now that I have it, it almost takes a little away from the watch (though I think that is partly due to the blueness of the face).From all of that you may think that I don't like the watch, which is not true. I think the watch is an attention-getter. The automatic movement is as smooth as any I've owned. At 39.5 mm, the size is perfect for my wrist. And with any high-end (at least for my pocketbook) watch, the little details make a big difference. The stem on this watch looks much nicer in person that on the website and the bracelet feels really comfortable.All in all, a nice purchase.9/22/2011 UPDATE - Changed my rating from 3 to 4 stars as the more I wear this watch, the more I like it. I've gotten used to the added weight and it is simply a really elegant but understated timepiece. Didn't go 5-stars because of the thickness. Also, not related to the watch but Amazon policy that anyone considering purchasing this watch should be aware of. Amazon DOES NOT price adjust. I find this shocking in this day and age as just about every brick and mortar as well as online retailers do. This watch is now selling for over a hundred bucks less than I paid about 3 weeks ago. Rather than credit my account for the difference, Amazon gave me a hundred and seven dollar Amazon gift card. And they only did this because they could see how much business I do on Amazon. NO MORE! I will use their voucher and then begin the search for a new online retailer. Raymond Weil Men's 2843-ST-00207 Parsifal Black Dial Watch - Raymond Weil Freelancer - Raymonds - Watches - Chronograph'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Raymond Weil Freelancer - raymonds, watches watches Raymond Weil Freelancer - raymonds, watches