Friday 29 May 2009

Propane Fire Pit


This product has been nothing but trouble for me. After I put it together it did not work. Called the company and they sent me another regulator. (Waited 7 days) Installed the new regulator and still does not work. Called the company again. Now they are sending a new control valve (Another 7 days) What a pile of junk!





And I have just now received the new gas valve and the unit still DOES NOT WORK. Even though they have big letters on the manual instructing people to call them, they now say there is nothing they can do and told me I have to call Amazon for a refund. I called Amazon and they gave me a return slip right away. First time I have ever had to return something to Amazon so I guess we shall see how this one goes. Don't ever buy this poorly constructed pile of garbage with no support from the manufacturer. Uniflame GAD1001B LP Gas Outdoor Firebowl with Tile Mantel

This product is a piece of junk. When we opened the box to remove the firebowl two of the tiles had fallen out and most of the grout between the tiles had already fallen out. But this was just the beginning. The holes to attach the legs hadn't been cut in the right place so the legs would not fit rendering the entire product useless. Do not waste your money on this product!!

We were looking for a gas fire pit for our backyard rather than a wood burning one which might bother our neighbors with smoke or wood burning smell. We found this one and couldn't be happier! It's perfect to sit around. We can still roast marshmallows for Smores. We don't have to deal with storing wood, smoke and ashes. The tile edge doesn't get hot. This fire pit connects to a large propane tank, unlike some others that only took the small propane cylinder tanks, which don't last long. Overall we love it and spending time sitting around it as a family in our own yard can't be beat! You won't be disappointed!

This item has the look we wanted. However, the 4 screws and nuts holding the firebowl and mantel to the frame were missing as was some caulking between the firebowl and the mantel. Shaken loose in transit, I presume, maybe a packing problem.



I purchased a new set of nuts and screws locally, attached the firebowl and mantel to the frame but couldn't get a fire started. Called the company (800 762 1142), learned it was likely a vapor lock. Was told how to fix it. Fixed it. Now I'll look for caulking at a local hardware store. Couldn't get it at the above number I called.



With a little effort and patience, now it works very well. We're happy about our purchase. Without the hassles mentioned above, I'd have given it 5 stars.

Bought this in early spring and have used it pool side many evening for warmth and looks. The reason for 4 stars and not 5 stars is that I had to go to my hardware store to pick up better quality screws to make sure it was sturdy. Also be careful when putting the regulator on the tank not to over tighten as it will pop off.



One suggestion is to make a cover for it while not in use, this should prolong the life of the burner assembly by keeping rain from pooling up. One other change is that we did not use the Lava Rock and instead went out and purchased separately fire glass - it looks awesome! I may buy one or two more for the deck area. I had looked at the more expensive tables ($500 range) and they seemed to have smaller burner areas.

This is a great fire pit,------ once my son-in-law got it going. A little problem with the gas getting to the igniter switch. Took a good amount of time to fix it, and that's because they knew what they were doing. But now that's is working, we love it.

I put it together and I believe the regulator does not work. OKAY 300.00 and it does not work. I call that JUNK selling. I will try to purchase a regulator and see if that works. MORE TO COME. I returned for. exchange.

Second one arrived. Alot of the grout missing plus screws holding the burner pan on. It did work this

Time. Cost me 9.10 TO RETURN THE DEFECTIVE ONE.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Propane Fire Pit Propane Fire Pit Propane Fire Pit