Friday 29 May 2009

Craft Kits - shrinky dinks, craft sets


I purchased this for my 4 and 5 year old daughters and they love it! There were enough shrinky dinks to keep them coloring for 3 days with the included, and excellent quality Faber-Castell colored pencils. Yes, there's even a sharpener in the box! The best part, no scissors or trimming required and all the pieces had pre-punched holes where needed. The included glossy, heavy paper fairy tree is excellent quality and amazingly sturdy. Again, the pre-punched holes and included adhesive made assemble a cinch. Glitter glue and gems were a nice addition for adding sparkle.



After the tree was assembled and the shrinky dinks colored and shrunk, assembling the fairies and decorating the tree was easy. The kids were able to attach the stands and wings themselves and I only had to help with jump rings and adhesive dots. Two days after the "crafting" part of this product has been over, the kids are still constantly playing with this toy and including "pocket" princess dolls in on the fun. A wonderful, imaginative toy that's fun to build and play with for kids.



The best part as a parent, everything's included! In addition to this product, you'll just need an oven (toaster oven works!), baking sheet and aluminum foil. That's it. Excellent value for the price as there really is a lot in the box! I'm definitely looking for another product by this company! Creativity For Kids Shrinky Dinks Fairy Garden

I bought this set for my daughter's 4th birthday. She had never done shrinky dinks before and absolutely LOVED them! I had no idea when I purchased this set that it would be so incredibly neat. The background fairy tree and supplies that come with it for hanging and sticking the shrinky dinks all over it is very sturdy and it looks really pretty! This is something that she will have displayed in her room for a long time. I absolutely recommend this product.

I remembered Shrinky Dinks from when I was a kid and thought my 5 year old daughter might enjoy them as well. I was right. She loved spending time working on this. She really enjoyed coloring them and then watching them shrink. She also enjoyed figuring out where to place them on the tree. It was a great project for us to work on together. I just purchased the Halloween one. Highly recommend this!

I purchased this item for my 5-year-old after she did Shrinky Dinks at a friends' house. It took a few hours to color and bake the items, and then put together the garden and attach all the items to the garden. But we did it together and she had a blast, and the fairy garden is still on display in her room months later. This would be an excellent gift for girls 4 and over. As a kid I never did Shrinky Dinks, so I had fun as well!

This was a gift for my nieces. They are very fond of anything "fairy" related. I played with Shrinky Dinks when I was a child and thought they would enjoy it, especially the fairy motif. I've been told that they are having a lot of fun with it.

We just had our five-and-a-half-year-old niece stay the night with us for the first time, and I picked up a few different activities for us to do with her while she was with us. This was far and away her favorite! She had never done Shrinky Dinks before (my husband and I loved them when we were kids, and I wasn't even sure that they still made them!), and she loved the experience.



The box contains over 50 Shrinky Dink pieces, and most are a pretty large size so there are plenty of pieces to color. Our niece Clementine preferred to color them in batches, and then we'd bake them. She was fascinated with watching them shrink! Once the Shrinky Dinks are finished baking, there are more activities to do with them: you can add fairy wings, add glitter glue, stick pieces onto the tree with stickers or small jump rings, and prop up pieces with small stands. While we did have to help her with a few things, overall, she was able to do most of it herself.



Even after spending several hours in the evening and next morning playing with this, I think we only worked our way through about half of the pieces, so it's really a great activity for little ones.



The only downside is that it only came with a few colored pencils. We had these on hand RoseArt Colored Pencils, 50-Count (287VA-24) and so we ended up using them so we had more variety.



Overall, super fun for this age group! - Shrinky Dinks - Craft Sets - Kid Crafts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Craft Kits - shrinky dinks, craft sets craft sets Craft Kits - shrinky dinks, craft sets