Saturday 9 May 2009

Power Supplies


I have several 19.2 V tools from Craftsman so I purchased this battery to give me another battery option. With the performance of this battery compared to the 19.2V EX ones that came with my drill set, I WILL be buying more.



This Die Hard version of the 19.2V battery supplies more power to the tool and lasts longer.



To compare, I fully charged this Die Hard and fully charged the 19.2V EX and put them in my 6" orbital buffer. The Die Hard was able to buff 1/2 of my car without lagging whereas the EX version was bogging down immediately. I have also noticed this in my right angle drill and regular driver.



If you don't want to upgrade to Lithium Ion and need some replacement batteries for your Craftsman 19.2V EX's then this is your battery. Craftsman DieHard C3 19.2 volt NiCd Battery Pack

This is a great product and works perfect all around. I have really been putting it through the paces and it performs better than expected, plus recharges fast as well. Great service too. Highly recommend and will purchase again!

I've had my craftsman 3/8ths inch 19.2v drill for at least ten years, wearing out several batteries. This battery works as its supposed to. Though my drill gets light duty, this battery works at least a well as its predecessor. Because of the light duty that the drill gets, I have no way to judge whether or not it lasts as long or longer than the original.

I purchased a Craftsman 19.v cordless drill about 18 months ago along with 2 batteries for household projects and light remodeling.



After about 2 months of light use, I placed one of the batteries into the charger to recharge and the red light cam on indicating charging. About one minutes later the green light went on indicating the battery was fully charged! I put the battery in my drill and used it for one burst before the battery died again. I put it back in the charger and the same thing happened. The second battery worked with no issues.



I received a new Craftsman DieHard C3 19.2 volt NiCd Battery Pack as a gift to replace the defective one. Shortly thereafter, my older battery died the same way as the first.



Currently I am on my FIFTH battery as my fourth one has died the same way.



I have been given the complete runaround by Sears / Craftsman. I have given four different phone numbers to call, made more than a dozen phone calls, been on hold, transferred, disconnected, told me the drill is the problem (it's not) itself and/or the charger (it's not).



Yes, I could take the batteries to Sears, but it's not exactly close to where I live and not to mention a hassle.



Please Google Craftsman battery defective / not charging and you will find plenty of results that indicate the same issue. It is a poor workmanship / quality issue on Craftman's part. Here are some examples:

[...]

[...]

[...]





"DieHard" is right - the batteries DieHard and don't come back.



If you are looking for a REAL cordless drill, I suggest doing some research on: [...] and purchase a Makita, Dewalt, Hitachi, Bosch, etc. For the amount of money I have spent on batteries, I could have purchased a REAL cordless drill.

item arrived in a timely manner and was the item i needed. didnt need to contact the seller at all so dont know anything about there responces. i would recomend this seller for the product specified.

I bought a cordless drill plus one of these batteries in March 2010. I've taken it back to Sears three times now to be replaced under one year warranty. First two times the "Defective Battery" light on the charger came on when I tried to charge it. Last time the charger says the battery is charged but it is actually dead. I suggest buying a different brand of cordless tools that don't use this battery.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Supplies Power Supplies Power Supplies