Sunday 3 May 2009

microsoft office - office 2010, missing manual


WOW !....What a book. I had previously had been purchasing the "Dummies" books going way back, beginning with Windows '95. I was disappointed with the recent Windows 7, so decided to look elsewhere. (But I did buy Google Apps for Dummies, which I thought was acceptable)

I recently up-graded from Windows XP/Office2000 to Windows 7 and Office 2010. What a drastic change in both operating system and program.

I'm not completely sure if this is a book for a new user of computers though. The explanations are excellent the pictures are clear and descriptions of processes are excellent.

This is the type of book that came with computers, at their birth.

In my opinion, if this book was purchased by a novice they would be disappointed. A "Dummies " book might be a better choice.

The index, ...in my opinion is somewhat lacking (although massive).

Ex....I was looking for the Excell "AutoSum" function and it was no where to be found, which I thought was very strange.

So for the money it is an excellent choice, but you might need other references depending on your skill/experience level.

And on the minus side...Amazon shipping took 12 days. Usually 4-5.(Maybe Christmas rush played a part) Office 2010 Bible

I've been using Microsoft products long to remember when books similar to this one were included with your software purchase. While those days are 'long gone', the Walkenbach/Tyson/Groh Office 2010 volume pretty much fills the resulting void. I was drawn to the Office 2010 Bible when I upgraded my home system to a new laptop plus Office 2010 and the latest version of Windows all at the same time, I needed every bit of help I could find in order to get back up to speed. The Office 2010 Bible has been invaluable as a quick reference, procedure guide, and familiarization tool. While the table of contents sometimes frustrates me when I attempt to find a feature whose actual name I don't know, overall the book has repaid my purchase price many times over. It may not be perfect, but you'll do yourself a favor by purchasing this book and then keeping it next to your computer. ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Leading experts in MS Office provide a fine reference of all features of Office 2010 in Microsoft Office 2010 Bible. From creating a document in Word and applying advanced editing options to using Excel's formulas and building a fine PowerPoint presentation, this is packed with step-by-step references to all functions from beginning to advanced features, and is a top pick for any computer reference collection.

Unless you need a book to simulate a weight for exercising, skip this tome, which has too many pages and too little information. I bought it--and then returned it--after it failed to tell me in detail how to edit and manipulate the Ribbon, a key feature of the program. The info this book provided was totally unhelpful about the Ribbon. - Missing Manual - Outlook - Microsoft Office - Office 2010'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


microsoft office - office 2010, missing manual outlook microsoft office - office 2010, missing manual