Monday 11 May 2009

Chia Herb Garden - herb garden, cooking


My experience with the product was nothing like "Dr. Teeth's". The product was well packaged, and I had no trouble getting my plants to grow. The kit comes with a well-written instruction booklet that provides not only basic information on how to get your plants to grow, but also includes instructions on how to transplant your plants outside if you wish. It also includes information about each herb, suggested usages and a few recipes. Dr. Teeth bashed the product for coming broken - that isn't a failure of the product but in the handling of it! Maybe he should stop smoking weed, read the instruction booklet, and contact the company for a replacement! Chia Gourmet Herb Garden

I am the worst serial killer the plant world has ever known. I don't know what it is about me and plants, we just don't harmonize well. I found this set on clearance for $7 and since I cook with fresh herbs all the time and my kids are always bugging me for something "CHA-CHA-CHA-CHIA!" I figured I would throw the money away and give it a shot.



To my utter amazement, the stuff actually works! I vaguely followed the directions as I planted them on a day when I had 8 children in my home, all under the age of 10. I had little hope for this set, so I didn't really even try.



Not even two weeks later, every plant is at least an inch and a half tall and is looking lovely. Everything grew far better than the manual implied and I have not been doing anything special or particularly nurturing to these pots! I throw 'em near the window every day for a little while (but only a very little while because I have a very wily toddler who would love to come across these on a windowsill and throw them all over the kitchen!) and water them whenever it occurs to me.



I have not had the pleasure of harvesting or eating my plants as yet, however, I am just tickled to death that they are growing heartily and looking fantastic! It's great to find a product that actually does what it says it will! Good job, Chia!

Good product, started sprouting after a few days of setting it all up. The parsley seems to be having a bit of trouble, but basil, cilantro, and dill are all sprouting beautifully. It feels weird to just sprinkle the seeds on top of the "sponge" as the instructions tell you to do so, but it sure works.

I bought one of these on sale locally and planted Basil, Cilantro and Marjoram on Thanksgiving weekend 2010. It's now January 2011 and all 3 are doing well, but since I really can't grow things, what looks good to me may not look as good to someone who has a way with plants. I like this kit because it's simple and you cannot over-water! It's also very easy to tell WHEN to add water - something I haven't yet figured out how to do with my grown-in-soil houseplants!



Here are some things to be aware of:

- if you already have a green thumb, then this product probably isn't going to thrill you

- if you have experience with hydroponic gardening, the Chia herbs won't grow as fast

- I keep mine next to a special plant light (it's the dead of winter here in Alaska) and that has really helped

- I have to water them 1 - 2 times PER DAY (it's dry up here) and only use distilled water

- it helps to put a plastic saucer underneath them to catch water spills and protect surfaces from moist clay pots

- the herbs seem to grow in spurts, so if they seem to be stalling, give them a little more time to prove themselves



I love seeing green herbs in my dining room in the dark dark dark winter. I just bought 2 more kits on sale - one more for me so I can try planting the Chives, Dill and Parsley - and one to give as a gift. - Cooking - Gardening - Herb Garden - Herb Kits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Chia Herb Garden - herb garden, cooking gardening Chia Herb Garden - herb garden, cooking