Wednesday 6 May 2009

Cast Iron Grill - accessories, grill


I have one of the older road trip grills (before there were 15 different models), and it came with one teflon coated aluminum grill and one griddle, same material. Although it is easy to clean when new, even using plastic and wood tools, the teflon eventually started to come off on the food. I immediately went looking for an alternative, and this cast iron grill was the answer.

It is porcelain coated iron, so you can use metal tools (just not a hammer/chisel) to clean and to cook. While it can still be a chore to clean if you let 2 or 3 cooking sessions go by without cleaning, it always ends up with a nice shiny clean finish. And, no more teflon on my steak! Coleman Road Trip Cast-Iron Grill

I got the Coleman RoadTrip 9941 (the blue one) for Christmas this year. The stove is great but for large camp outings I wanted extra grilling surface. I bought two of these cast iron grates. I feel that this was definitely the correct choice. They are more durable than the original aluminum grate that came with my unit and provide an excellent sear. The only thing is they are heavier than the aluminum grates. I don't view this as a negative as it is part of what makes it so durable and hold heat so well. I only bring it up because when I have the unit packed in the carry bag it is noticeably heavier with two of these grates in there. A great product and good addition to the RoadTrip Grills!

We purchased 2 of the Coleman Cast Iron Grill grates & we love them. They are easy to clean, unlike the original grates we had that were made of Cast Aluminum. We use our grill all the time & wish we had these from the beginning. I would recommend to everyone who loves to grill!

I had the aluminum non-stick grill grate, and I hated that the non-stick coating was continuously peeling off. Even if I used plastic utensils, just being in the Road Trip Grill carrying bag caused enough rubbing together for the coating to come off. Then, once it starts peeling, there is no stopping it. The cast iron grill grate cooks evenly and cleans up without too much scrubbing. It is harder to clean than the non-stick, but worth it not to eat the coating.

The Coleman Road Trip Grill is the best. I continue to purchase accessories for it, most recently the cast iron grill plate, so that I have two grilling surfaces. It cleans so easily, and it truly does replicate the taste and look of food bar-b-qued over a charcoal or wood fire.

Don't bother with the aluminum grill (like that included with BBQ) the tephlon coating was minimal and it is very sensitive to overheating, causing everything to stick and making part nearly impossible to clean. Cast-iron are more prone to breakage but the fact that you probably detail unit after use or event make the cost worthwhile. - Grill - Coleman Grill - Accessories - Camping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cast Iron Grill - accessories, grill grill Cast Iron Grill - accessories, grill