Saturday 25 April 2009

Swimwear


We purchased this suit because my son started swim class and would get out shivering after every class. We thought this would help and boy did it do the trick. He wore it for his last class and the instructor commented afterwards that the suit must have really helped him because he was able to focus and do more things in the water than before. The material is not too thin and not too thick. My son is very lean and this suit was a little bit loose in some places but not too loose to be considered big. I think it will grow with him over the next year or so and is worth the money. I would recommend this suit for anyone that has a child that is lean and needing a bit more insulation in the water.



Also I am so glad that I read the other reviews before purchasing because the SIZE was just right based on the review and NOT the size chart that was given. My son is 6yrs old and weighs a little less than 50lbs. If I had gone by the size chart I think I was going to order a 6 or an 8 but ended up ordering a 4 based on reviews here on Amazon. Boy am I glad I did because I would have had to send it back. Very happy with this suit and glad I purchased it.



Thanks to everyone that reviewed this item before me because that really helped me make my decision and also helped with the sizing issue. Hyperflex Wetsuits Children's Access 2.5mm Spring Suit,Black/Blue,4

My 8 year old is very thin and has no body fat to speak of, so he gets chilled quickly when swimming. This helps; he still gets chilled, but somewhat slower. He's average height for an 8 year old. The size 8 was a bit loose, because he's so thin; he's comfortable in it but because it is loose, cool water gets in, decreasing its effectiveness. However I wouldn't have expected a perfect fit for such a slim kid. It also gives him room to grow into it so we should get two year's use out of it. We've only used it a few times, but so far it seems reasonably well-made and durable.



I'm ambivalent about the zipper in back. It means he needs help getting into and out of the suit which is a bummer. But I was worried that a front zipper would be uncomfortable laying belly down on a boogie board which he loves to do.

We bought size 4 for our 7 year old, 37 lb daughter, (small and thin for her age)and size was good. We also initially bought a size 2 for our 5 year old, 35 lb son, and it was way too tight, he would not even let us put it on him all the way. We returned it, and bought another size 4 for him, which was also just about perfect, only slightly on the big side. Girl`s baby blue colour suit has some nice, understated flower graphics on the shoulders. Both kids are now much warmer in and around the water now. We could not find these small sizes at retail stores around our city.

I bought two wetsuits for my sons. My oldest got an O'Neil, and it is perfect in every way. My youngest got the hyperflex, and it just doesn't quite have the fit and finnish of the O'Neil. Also, the arms are a little tight relative to the rest of the suit.

I bougth it for a trip to Baja California in Mexico. My kids enjoy allot the sea and the nature because they used these wetsuit and the did not complaint about the wather temperature. Good price, good quality.

Our 7 year old son always turns blue while swimming, whether it's an outdoor pool in the sun or an indoor pool in the winter. We purchased this wetsuit for him, based on the other reviews that it was a good fit for thin children. My son is 49 inches tall and only weighs 37 pounds, so we really needed to be careful about what we purchased. We are very happy with the fit and warmth of this wetsuit. It still is just a bit loose on him though. As soon as he got into the pool, he said he could feel the cold water inside the wetsuit, but the bottom line is this...the wetsuit still prevents him from shivering and turning blue, so it's doing it's job well!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Swimwear Swimwear Swimwear