Saturday 25 April 2009

Kick Scooters - kick scooters, mini scooter


Bought this for our 5-year old daughter. Overall the kids would give it 5 stars for sheer fun, and I love that it gets them active outside and they don't complain about taking walks with us. I did take off a star for poor customer service (see below) and not being able to fold, or at least easily remove the handle bar for travel.



We debated mini or maxi (daughter is VERY short for 5), due to its adjustability the Maxi was the right choice. In lowest position its handle height is the same as the mini. WE purchased directly from the manufacturer website. When one of the handlebar covers broke (circular, round rubber ball piece on the end cracked and eventually fell off completely), they (kickboard USA) did not respond to our request for a replacement, despite the defect occurring the day after we received the scooter! So we were disappointed with the customer service, particularly given the price of the scooter.



Having said that, my daughter adores the scooter! She simply could not balance a razor, no matter how hard she tried. She picked up on the steering very quickly, less than a day. Many of my neighbors ask me where I got it, their little ones enjoy it too! It provides a fast and smooth ride. I had reservations when I saw the plastic board, and plastic parts, but it seems better made than my son's razor which lasted less than a year. We've had this for 6 months and aside from the handlbar-cover problem, it's going strong. Also, my son (8) prefers it to his old razor. They argue over it so much we are going to get a second one for him, this time we'll get it from Amazon. It has been indispensible for trips to NYC because the kids don't complain about walking long distances.



Note - it does NOT fold, a feature that would be very helpful. Although it arrived in two pieces, now that we have attached the T-bar handle to the board we have been unable to take it off again, making trips on the subway a little more difficult. It is very light, a huge plus. It's nice they've expanded the color options, when we purchased it was either black or purple. The purple appears exactly as on my web browser. maxi kick® Scooter - PURPLE with T-BAR Steering. Winner of the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold and Platinum Seal Awards, 2009

I purchased this scooter for my 4 year old daughter. It was a replacement for the mini-kickboard that she rode into the ground. Yes, it is pricey compared to other scooters, but this thing is so well made that it is worth the money. Additionally, the confidence that it gives my daughter while zooming around my neighborhood is priceless. I was not a fan of the purple as seen on the website, but it looks much better in person.

We purchased this scooter for our 10 year old daughter who is developmentally delayed. She loves her big brother's micro scooter but is unable to ride it due to balance issues. She is too large for toddler scooters. This scooter was brought to her by Santa and she LOVES it. She can balance and maneuver it quite easily and is learning to propel it by pushing the floor.

I purchased this scooter for my 5 and 1/2 year old daughter for Christmas. I was immediately impressed with the quality of them item, including the relatively easy and secure assembly. I was amazed at how quickly my daughter mastered the lean-to-steer concept and breaking mechanism. We haven't been able to "road test" the scooter outside due to an abnormally snowy and icy winter, but our house has wood floors throughout and she rides it constantly. That said, the wheels on this scooter DO NOT even make a mark on the wood floors, although once it goes outside, I will no longer let her ride in the house. I was initially put-off by the price, but I would definitely purchase again if given the choice.

We love this scooter. It is pricey but well worth it. It is durable and one outside toy that will last for many years! Our youngest has the mini and it was such a hit we had to get our oldest one too. Much smoother ride than the usual ones.

We got this after a smaller scooter, for our small-stature 6-year-old. It comes assembled and is constructed very well. The wide base allows for good balance, and the rear foot brake is a nice step up from the smaller scooter. Our daughter loves riding around on this in our neighborhood. I'd recommend it to anyone.

My girl is not quite balanced enough to work on a scooter with two wheels, so I figured this would do the trick. After an apprehensive first ride, she got the hang of it and is now a speed demon. I love the scooter and how it's going to grow with her. I know it's a little more expensive than the others out there, but I would but it again in a heartbeat. - Three-wheeled Scooters - Mini Scooter - Kick Scooters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kick Scooters - kick scooters, mini scooter kick scooters Kick Scooters - kick scooters, mini scooter