Saturday 11 April 2009

Kohler Kitchen Faucets - kohler kitchen faucets, kitchen faucet


I replaced a cheap Moen kitchen faucet (put in my Palrm Harbor Discovery modular) that just made 1-1/2 years of use with this faucet. I was drawn to the Kohler faucet because of the beauty of its design. The best looking one on the rows upon rows of faucets at the store. I want to get done quick in the kitchen and the sleek design enables a quick job of cleaning the faucet.



I got in a long conversation with a knowledgeable plumber and he said Kohler products had a good history. He said plumbers had advised Moen products over the years because the cartridge was non-functional after a while and the replacement easy to install so the plumber got a call and lots of money for a quick change with the cartridge itself prohibitively expensive costing around $25. He said the Kohler product would last far longer without any repairs, essentially only requiring descaling of the spout. I had to struggle to turn the Moen from one sink to the other and when the plastic ring that was causing the struggle unseated, I had a spray of water. Hence, the need to repair or replace. Given the hourly rate of plumbers, I figured a repair would last only as long as it did the first time, so elected to improve the faucet and replace. The faucet allows the filling of large containers due to the design and it moves with just a light touch. The spray head moves with ease from the fixed position to the moveable positions. I love the faucet. It is the best one I have ever had and makes kitchen work pleasurable and enjoyble. Kohler K-596-CP Simplice Single-Hole Pull-down Kitchen Faucet, Polished Chrome

I had the same experience as Arun, where I received a used product from Amazon. The box was not sealed, and in fact, had *two* broken Kohler seals on the box, indicating that I was the third to receive the product. The faucet had water stains and finger prints all over it. Come on Amazon, what is up with that? I was very disappointed. However, a replacement arrived the next day. The (one) seal on the box was still in tact, though there still seemed to be a lot of finger prints on the faucet. I went ahead with the installation which was far easier than the removal of the p.o.s. Moen I was replacing. I ran into a snag or two, but nothing that was Kohler's fault. The end result is a gorgeous, elegant, stylish faucet that works beautifully. It's even more attractive in person than in the photos. I only wish I had thought to get a replacement soap dispenser at the same time, as the original one looks pathetic next to the shiny new faucet.

I bought this faucet and it arrived in 2 days. When I took out the faucet, water started dripping from the connecting lines. Then I noticed drops of water in different parts. I called Kohler to see if this could be because of quality control measures. They said, what I got should be a RETURNED item. I called Amazon and they send another one as a replacement. Right away looking at the box, I saw 3 Kohler labels one, on top of the other. I carefully removed the top only to realize my worst fear that this item was also a returned Item. Both the labels inside were cut. I took the faucet out and once again, the new one(that's what they claim) started dripping water from the connected lines. So, it looks like this was returned atleast 2 times before. This is disgraceful. I lost trust in Amazon. I can't imagine how they can do business by just packaging a used item, when a customer pays full money for the same. This is totally unethical way of doing business and Amazon lost me once for all as a customer.



Beware of any items that you buy from amazon, which is not sealed by the manufacturer.

We just got this faucet and love it! My husband didn't have any problems putting it in. This is a big thing for him because he has struggled with every other faucet he has put in. I love the sleek look and how high the faucet is. It makes it so much easier to clean. Doing dishes is so much easier with the extra height, especially since we don't have a dish washer. The spray function is so smooth and has good water pressure. The buttons easily change water from spray to stream. It is also very solid and looks like it will last years to come. The only thing I wish was that the handle to turn the water on and off was a little bigger and a bit easier to access when I am trying to turn it on without using my hands because I have some food all over them. Otherwise, I love it!

This is a wonderful product - beautiful, versatile, well-constructed. As I've slowly replaced the last owner's low- to mid-market fixtures with nice ones I've ended up almost always buying Kohler (the others being Delta) at least partly because I'm partial to east central Wisconsin, but mostly because I have yet to experience a Kohler product I didn't love.



This faucet was super easy to install - it took maybe ten minutes once I'd removed the old faucet and swapped out the failing pipe shutoff valves.



The two spray settings (essentially a focused stream and a dispersed spray) are both very good though I might prefer a slightly more diffuse stream. I don't find the pause feature very useful, but I guess it's a nice option.



I am a fan of the high-arc design because it dramatically improves sink access for washing or filling large dishes, and of course the pull-down faucets are much higher quality than the old side-sprayers, which were a nuisance at best. Kohler of course isn't the only manufacturer of this popular style, but the Kohler is nice because it's pretty much all metal - a lot of the others are mostly plastic - and it's also about the narrowest and most compact neck and head that I could find. Many of the high-arc faucets with pull-down heads are big, bulky plasticky affairs but the Kohler is pretty narrow and very solid.



The photograph of the product shows it with the mounting plate, which covers the two side holes on a three-hole sink, but I chose to mount it without the plate, using the leftmost hole in my sink, which in my case puts the faucet in the exact center of the two basins. I used one of the other holes to mount a (Kohler) soap dispenser, and I plugged the other two with (cheap plastic) hole fillers. I think it looks nicer this way than with the mounting plate; it's nice to have the versatility. - Single-handle Faucets - Kitchen Faucet - Kohler Kitchen Faucets - Pull-down Faucets'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kohler Kitchen Faucets - kohler kitchen faucets, kitchen faucet single-handle faucets Kohler Kitchen Faucets - kohler kitchen faucets, kitchen faucet