Saturday 11 April 2009

Hard Drive Cooler - antec, hard drive cooler


I bought two to fill up my Thermaltake Armor tower. It is running 24/7. icage is very nice in keeping your harddrives cool to the touch. Fans are quite and unit is nicely constructed. Only complains are: there are no on and off switch for the blue light and it takes up 3 bays and it can support only 3 harddrives they could've fit one more harddrive (they might have their reasons such as cooling) Thermaltake iCage A2309 HDD Module with 12cm Blue LED Fan

I didn't expect this fan to make such a significant difference inside of my Thermaltake Armor case. I had a Zalman 9700 cpu fan and it already kept the CPU temperature cooled. However, my motherboard temperature constantly was at 40-45C idle and creeping higher as load increases. It made me uncomfortable so I had to try a case fan hoping for some kind of help to keep the temperature from rising too fast. I've bought this hard drive fan instead since it fits perfectly into my case and I had enough free slots in front. I also reallocated 1 hard drive to this cage. The results was unexpected. Instantly I experience a drop of 10 degrees celsius and temperature don't rise as fast for my motherboard readings. Below are some results I've gotten:



Temperatures when idle; with their before and after numbers separated with a "/".

CPU: 24-31C / 20-24C

Motherboard: 40-45C / 30-35C



Temperatures with load; with their before and after numbers separated with a "/".

CPU: 30C-35C / 24-27C

Motherboard: 45-55C / 35C



System used on was a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 overclocked to 3.0GHz, Asus P5W DH Deluxe, BFG Nvidia 8800GTS 512MB OC...

I bought a Thermaltake Case with HDD dock on the top. This unit came with one 3.5" mounting kit, and I quickly needed to add a 4th HDD and faced the challenge of installing it since I ran out of the existing 3.5" mounting kit. I found this iCage A2309, and it was breeze to install, the fan was super quite. I believe that this works really well with any other case.

I use this at the bottom of an old ATX mid-tower that was not meant to hold as many hard drives as I put in it. It's just sitting, unsecured, on the bottom of the case, below the original drive bays. The weight of just one drive is enough to stop any rattling in my situation.



Absolutely effective in keeping two Hitachi Deskstar 3.5-Inch 2 TB Internal Hard Drive (0S02861) and one old 160GB Maxtor SATA II cool. It has a positive affect on the motherboard and processor, too. (I assume this is due to increase airflow within the case, as I did not increase the external intake/exhaust openings. It might be that the original fans were just inadequate.) The fan is quieter than the original case exhaust fan.



My only problem with it is the blue LEDs are bright, but the set-up is in another room so I don't have to see it very often.

Added to an Antec 300 case. Of course it leaves no space for an optical drive, but I was building a media server. Tight fit.

Pros: Looks great on the Antec 300 with Antec LED fans

Can't beat the price.

Cons: Need to remove cage to add drive

It a good idea but very hard to get a screw in a hard drive cause you have put a screw driver with a screw in holes along the sides just to get to the screw hole. If you have big fingers then you have a problem.



The Cool Master 4 in 3 is better because you can take the sides off to get to the hard drive screws holes. - Hard Drive Cooler - Antec - Hdd Enclosure - Computer Cooling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hard Drive Cooler - antec, hard drive cooler computer cooling Hard Drive Cooler - antec, hard drive cooler