Sunday 26 April 2009

Jewelry Supplies


These are inexpensive and worked well. If you want to buy the professional butane canisters (significantly cheaper) to refill with instead of the small ones found at discount stores simply unscrew the two screws in base so the collar does not interfere with the canister collar. Trademark Tools 75-TZ6915 Hawk Self Igniting Refillable Butane Micro Torch with Ceramic Tip

I purchased this torch with the intent to use it in making jewelry since it was recommended on a jewelry supply site. It was a waste of money, with in 4 minutes of firing the first piece on low the butane control knob and oxygen control knob had both melted and I was unable to turn the butane knob off. If you are looking to use this item for only a few seconds it will be more than sufficient, any longer than that and you will have wasted your money.

Makes me want to learn how to make creme brulee!



Of course, I only use it as a cigar lighter, and it's a hit out on the back porch when the fellas gather for an evening smoke on the weekends.



Just be careful, it's much more powerful than you need to light a cigar. You'll need to turn it down quite a bit or you'll go through all of that expensive butane in a hurry.

When I first got this product I was a little skeptical. It does not feel very sturdy. It is made out of lightweight platic for the most part. In reality though this product is plenty sturdy enough. The plastic doesn not feel as though it will come apart easily, and has not even begun to up to this point (i have had it for a few months now). The ceramic tip on this torch is a very nice touch. It prevents the torch from getting excessively hot even when on full blast for a minute (I haven't needed to go longer than this yet). The flame on this torch can get fairly long, and extremely hot considering the size of it. The sparking mechanism has been compeletly reliable, and has not failed me yet. Every time I spark it, the torch ignites on the first go. Surprisngly this torch seems fairly efficient gas-wise as well. I have only filled it up once with my can of butane, and it has been good for months. I use it almost every day multiple times a day to light hookah coals, and it is still going strong. I haven't even needed to clean any coal dust out of it, which was a problem for every torch lighter I had used in the past. overall I am very pleased with the product. It is very cheap, and works very well.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Jewelry Supplies Jewelry Supplies Jewelry Supplies