Wednesday 15 April 2009

Automatic - automatic, letter openers


This battery operated letter opener works great! It meets all of my expectations, and my co-workers love the openers I gave them also. This model is a bit larger than openers I have used in the past, and the ergonomics are better on this one. I highly recommend this product. Martin Yale Premier Automatic Handheld Battery-Operated Letter Opener, Concealed Blade, 5-1/2" Long (1624)

This is the best product I've every seen for opening letters. Not only simple to use and very quick, but it also keeps letters that you want to save in the envelope very clean and neat. I've given serveral as gifts - great for the elderly.

The Martin Yale envelope opener effortlessly slices envelopes of various thicknesses. One can use it to open envelopes from either long or short side. It even opens manilla envelopes. I don't know how I've lived without it at the office! I may even get one for home. Super!

I have an inordinate amount of mail, and it was beginning to bother me to have to open all of it every day. I thought I would only be able to find the little openers that become dull in a short time and get lost in my mounds of paperwork. The only reason I considered this opener was the reviews. I ordered one hoping for the best, but when it came, it did not work. (Bummer.) I decided to give it a second chance still thinking of the reviews. It changed my life! All those letters I previously dreaded are actually welcome (even the junk mail) just because I get to use this little critter! Possibly once the new has over I won't get excited opening mail I don't want, but as it stands, I love to use this little thing! I even bought one for my neighbor and my sister. Try it - you'll like it!

I thought I'd give this letter opener a try since it's so highly rated and recommended by other shoppers.



Pros

----

- Fast

It takes about a second to open a letter.



- Small

The device is small and won't take up a whole lot of deskspace. It's probably a bit longer and taller than a full-sized stapler. It fits quite snugly in your hand if you want to hand-hold it.



- One-Handed Operation

You can either hand-hold the letter opener or set the letter opener on the desk and feed the envelop with one hand.





Cons

----

- May Cut Contents

The letter opener opens an envelope by shaving off the edge of the envelope. However, it cuts far enough from the edge that it may sometimes cut the contents of the envelope as well.



- Cheap Plastic

The plastic looks a bit on the cheap side. It has a shiny not matte texture.



---

The Martin Yale Automatic Letter Opener will make opening your letters fast and easy. Despite a couple of shortcomings, I like it!

Agree with the other reviews - great opener, makes going through the mail fun, works very well. Only caveat is that after a few years the blades get dull and it really doesn't work any more (you can kind of drag the envelope through, but at that point why bother?). Just ordered a replacement for my old one - at $10 a year (plus batteries) that's not too bad. - Letter - Automatic - Letter Openers - Opener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Automatic - automatic, letter openers opener Automatic - automatic, letter openers