Tuesday 7 April 2009

Black And Decker Coffeemaker - coffee pot, programmable


I picked out this coffee maker because of a reasonable price and was a recommended best buy in Consumers Report magazine. I have only had a week or so and can't address long term reliability. What it does do is NOT DRIP! It does not drip when pouring from the glass pot to the water reservoir or when pouring coffee into a cup. I do NOT have to be extra careful when pouring. It also stops the coffee flow from the filter as soon as I pull the pot out and does NOT drip on the warmer. Again, do NOT have to be extra careful here. It also does NOT leak condensation out of the water reservoir top when lifting the lid. The condensation on the reservoir lid drips back into the reservoir when the lid is lifted. The time and delay brew functions ARE easy to set and work fine. The coffee brewed fairly quickly and did not overflow the filter to allow grounds into the pot. So far, I am very happy with a product that someone spent some time making user friendly and practical. This is a well engineered inexpensive product. Black & Decker DLX1050B 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, Black

I purchased this model over 10 years ago. It looks a lot like the new one except they have updated the lines. I just purchased the new model because after 10 years the hot pad only keeps the coffee warm and not hot but the first cup is always hot. Every feature still works on this machine except for the stop brew, to pour when brewing. That is because we removed it since we have broke several carafes over the years. I considered purchasing a fancier machine but figured why mess with a good thing. We have never had any problems. We love the timer and the coffee has always been great. I love coffee and feel like our Black & Decker has served us well and I will be sad to through it away. I know the new one will serve us equally well.

We have had one of these coffee makers for several months. It makes great coffee and is highly rated by Consumer Reports. The only disadvantages are that it is quite noisy while brewing and the window in the water tank is almost impossible to see through. We have to measure the water in the carafe to fill the tank. Coffee makers only seem to last a couple years these days, no matter what you pay for them, so why buy and expensive one when this one makes just as good coffee?

I bought this coffee pot at Walmart for under $18 seven months ago. Not bad for the price, sleek design, nice carafe. I found it easy to program as well. My only problem is that I like HOT coffee. This makes coffee lukewarm, not hot enough to where you can take a few sips and come back to it. This coffee comes out to where you can drink it down in one gulp all at once. I have to nuke it in the microwave for 37 seconds to get it just right. I'm a little tired at having to do this so I'm presently shopping around for another one that makes it at the right temperature!

I'd purchased a similar Black & Decker coffee maker for another office in which I'd worked and experienced good success with it. Generally, B&D's coffeemakers are no-frills, simple to use and can take a beating, particularly in an office environment. Also, Consumer Reports rated this model as a good value. If you're looking for a basic cup of hot coffee, brewed in reasonable time by a low-maintenance coffee maker, this machine warrants a look.

Only bought this model a couple of weeks ago, too early for a final judgement, but so far so good. Works fine, but the main reason for my writing: absolutely no problem with pouring the coffee as some people earlier remarked. Those remarks made me hesitant for a moment, because we used to have a carafe from a different maker with that issue and it was annoying. But again, not the case with this one! Hope this helps someone else wondering about the contradicting information in these reviews.

I bought this about a week ago and so far so good. We had a much more expensive Cuisinart that had lots of features, but it drove me crazy because it leaked so much. I'm not talking about the leaking when you don't get the carafe on the burner correctly and it doesn't hit the sensor, but actual leaking from the bottom of the maker - and it was only about 18 months old. So we decided to go with an inexpensive model for now until we determine what we really want. This one works very well, especially for $20. The clock/timer is fine, it doesn't leak and it has the brew pause feature if you want a cup before it finishes brewing. The only negative I can see (and it really isn't a negative) is that it doesn't notify you when the pot has finished brewing. All in all, an excellent purchase.

I had to get a coffee maker in a hurry and Walmart was closes. So I purchased it there Amazon's price is much better, but I couldn't wait for it to be delivered.

I could not be happier with it, it is quick and has a few features I have never had on a coffee pot. A water filter which is really great as my water is very hard, do not know yet what new filters cost, it came with three. The button for doing 1-4 cups intrigued me, I could not imagine it making a difference, but since I make 4 cups for me before I make my husbands 6 cups i thought it was worth a try. It is amazing without changing coffee it made the coffee taste much better.Very impressive.

On a lighter side, I got a kick out of this. The lid to put the water in is not just over the water reservoir it is over the basket also. This creates quite an interesting shape. I told my husband when it was opened it was intimidating. the next day I realized why, it looks like Darth Vader's head gear!

I would recommend this to a friend!

I cannot pour a cup of coffee without it dripping on the counter - ever!



You must clean the counter with every single cup. Does not matter if it's almost full or almost empty. Spills every time.



UPDATE MAY 2011:

I contacted B&D Support. They sent me a new carafe. It appears identical to the first one --- but this one does not leak. Success.

I'm changing my rating from one to four stars. - Black And Decker Coffeemaker - Coffeemaker - Coffee Pot - Programmable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Black And Decker Coffeemaker - coffee pot, programmable coffee pot Black And Decker Coffeemaker - coffee pot, programmable