Sunday 15 March 2009

Usb Power Adapter - usb adapter, usb


I bought a couple of these for charging my Droid X and a Bluetooth headset at the same time. The phone's performance would drop dramatically while it was connected to this charger. So I grabbed my multimeter to check the charger's output. The +5VDC pin was putting out 5.15 volts which is well inside the 4.75-5.25 USB scecification so no trouble there. I noticed that they did have intact data pins so I checked them. Both of the data pins produced +2.54 V on both of the chargers I received. Different devices will deal with this voltage in different ways, but had I known I would never have plugged my phone into it. Too damn risky.



This is clearly a design flaw and an incredibly simple one at that, all they need to do is not hookup the data pins.



I wouldn't recommend these, but after disabling the data pins I am now using mine. AC to Dual Port USB Wall Charger

Product seems well made and appeared new on arrival. Item was purchased with the hopes of being able to charge 2 iPhone 4s at one time. As soon as the phone was attached it started to give a non-compatible accessory warning. Not sure if it is a voltage regulation issue or what. Seems like a good product, just can't use it for the iPhone 4.

I bought this item so I could charge my 3rd Gen iPod touch without having to plug it into my laptop or having to spend $30 on a genuine Apple one. I am happy with this one..it's cheap and it works...I really don't care about using namebrand stuff as long as the generic stuff works. I have no problems with compatibility with my iPod. I do not own an iPhone or an iPad so I cannot rate its compatibility with those items. Botton line...if you're looking for an inexpensive option to charge your iPod..go with this!

I bought 4 of these things to charge my Android and iPad at work and home and elsewhere. It won't charge the iPad! Android charges, but the iPad doesn't work. Very aggravating... I read another post stating iphone compatibility doesn't work as well. Also, they're rather large and bulky, kill a spot on my power strip.

I got this charger to charge my wife's and my phone at the same time so we didn't have to take to chargers when traveling. The charger does it's job but it's a little big. It takes up a lot of space in the surge protector barely leaving space for any other plugs. That also means that it's not the most compact device to travel with. That said, I'm satisfied with the quality and functionality of the product.

Alliteration aside, the title says it all.

When I first ordered the charger it never arrived (they seemed to hint at the fact that the address was the problem despite the fact that I have used the 'exact' same address for many deliveries). After filing a complaint they contacted me in a pretty prompt manner (one point in their favor at least) and asked for a 'valid' address which I gave them.



When I 'finally' got the charger, the SECOND time I tried to use it it started making poping sounds like a spark might jump from it at any minute, the power indicator light blinking on and off and finally going off! At this point after a lot of wiggling and plugging-unplugging-plugging BS it 'might' work but either way I'm pissed and disappointed and frankly I don't care to work with them any more to try and get a replacement. The cost isn't worth it anyway. I won't be buying from them again. :(

It charges my Droid and Zune HD but reduces the responsiveness of both devices. Causes my Droid to lag and does not allow any interaction with the Zune while plugged into the charger. I guess I should have just bought a dual charger that would have been more reliable. - Usb Power - Usb - Charger - Usb Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Usb Power Adapter - usb adapter, usb usb power Usb Power Adapter - usb adapter, usb