Wednesday 25 March 2009

Best Pencil Sharpener - pencil sharpeners, home office


I use pencils of various sizes when I do sketches in my art book. And I always do the sketches with with this handy pencil sharpener at the ready. I am pretty fixated about always having a sharp edge when I draw or write with a pencil. So naturally, this is the perfect companion to have for someone like me. The bottom case holds a good amount of pencil shavings. This beats any electric sharpeners I have used over the years and it is portable so you can take it anywhere. Plus it is very durable. I have not noticed any dullness in the blades even after using it for about a year.



If you are looking for a pencil sharpener, get this one. It beats most electric sharpeners and it sharpens them more also. Staedtler Tub Pencil Sharpeners double-hole sharpener

This sharpener is very well constructed and sharpens a nice point,it also has a good feel to it.I think it will last. I bought this to replace several sorry electric and manual pencil sharpeners around the house.There are alot of poorly designed products out there.You would think it ain't rocket science.Most of them do not work well out of the box.

This is a very good sharpener. It is a hand held model that I use at home. It is compact and sturdy. With very little effort one can sharpen their pencil to a very sharp, centered point.

I recommend this for those who, like me, just need to sharpen a pencil now and then. However, if I were running a business I would consider buying a few of these and chaining them down around various places in the office to prevent theft. They are that good!!

I got this thinking it would be great based on other reviews here, but I don't like it. It is sharp and is certainly better than most that are this style as far as cutting ability, but what I hate about it is the angle of the edge it puts on the pencil. Very little lead is exposed and it doesn't make a nice tip at the end. If you are like me and want the pencil edge to be "standard" avoid this thing. I would return it, but at this cost I will just toss it and find another one.

This is just a nice, high quality, well built pencil sharpener. The pieces don't come apart in my bag. The little cover clips away nicely when you're not using it. The two sharpeners are precise and create a very nice pencil-point. I appreciate the color-sharpener because I like to use a lot of col-erase pencils, and the color pencil-point tends to break when you use a regular sharpener.

I've had a number of sharpeners, but none like this. It is the best one that I've purchased so far. The blades are very sharp, and the container holds a small amount of garbage. I've been using this sharpener for a few years, and the quality is superb...it still sharpens my pencil colors like on the first day I bought it.

This review is for the Staedtler 512-001 A6 "Tub" pencil sharpener.

I use red and yellow colored pencils at work - either Ticonderoga or Col-Erase brand. We have a standard AC powered pencil sharpener from Panasonic but it doesn't work very well with colored pencils. It doesn't leave enough wood surrounding the pencil tips and they break off easily. Colored pencils have leads that are both soft and brittle. I measured the sharpening angle of the Panasonic and it's only 16 degrees. No wonder it never worked very well with colored pencils.



The Staedtler sharpener has two holes: 23 degrees and 30 degrees.

Either one works well with colored pencils. It's a vast improvement over the standard old Panasonic office sharpener. The 30 degree hole is larger than a standard Col-Erase colored pencil diameter, so it's not as easy to use as I would wish, but it's still usable. (Based on that, I would give it 4.5 stars). The 23 degree hole is the standard pencil size diameter and it works well with colored pencils, so it's no real problem.



See the photos I posted and read the captions for more information.

Ok, I'll give. There _IS_ a difference between pencil sharpeners.



Over time the kids have had their own. Either from the local dollar store or Walmart (usually in the 3-5 dollar range). All of them were built cheaply and worked, but not very well.



Figured I'd get the "best" one I could find on Amazon and this one stuck out due to all the 5 star reviews. Willing to gamble, I threw it in the cart and ordered. I was not disappointed!



The kids actually treat the sharpeners as something special (only daddy is allowed to use it for them) and love to have their pencils sharpened by it. Pencil sharpeners really don't deserve that sort of reverence, but I will give it to this one - it works REALLY well.



We don't use the other hole. Just the one for standard pencils. However, for what it does, it does it very well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one just to have around and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone else in the market.



If it wasn't for this sharpener, I likely would have purchased an over-priced electric one. Really happy that so many left honest feedback, so paying it forward by doing the same. This is a good buy :)

I've had it for a few months and it still works. I've bought some cheap ones and also more expensive ones before, this is the only one that hold its use for more than 2 months. It is very smooth and easy to sharpen a pencil with it. I do find a couple of cons. First, the pencil tip (lead exposed) is a bit too short, second, it takes a little effort to open the tub to dump wooden scraps out.



All in all, what really matters to me is it still works after a few months. Don't waste money on the $ cheap ones or $20-$30 electric ones. This one just works well. - Non-electric - Best Pencil Sharpener - Pencil Sharpeners - Home Office'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Best Pencil Sharpener - pencil sharpeners, home office best pencil sharpener Best Pencil Sharpener - pencil sharpeners, home office