Saturday 7 February 2009

Usb Adapter Elbow Flexible - usb, adapter


I ordered this device for use with my notebook thinking it would allow me to flip dongles and flash drives any other direction than straight out.



I was more than a little dissappointed.



Pros - flexible, ratcheting, good connectors



Cons - not stiff enough, internal ribbon cable pinches



While this looked like what I need, a couple of major problems jumped out.

1) If you use this to reposition a flash drive (OCZ 8gb) and have to carry your notebook, just the act of walking will allow the drive to move. If you don't check before you set it down - one broken device.

2) To allow the flexibility, a thin ribbon cable runs internally from the male to female end. Within a first few tries, I was finding the ribbon cable was getting pinched between parts not allowing a full 90 degrees of movement and damaging the ribbon cable.



Due to the price, I will use this a bit more but expect due the poor design construction, it will have a short life span.



Recommendation: do not buy this device. Cables To Go 30501 FlexUSB USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Adapter (Black)

The Apple Air has a USB port that is located under and inboard of the laptop's edge. Some USB devices like air cards won't clear the edge of the case when attempting to plug them in. This flex adapter acts as an extension and then rotates and bends so that the device can be used in any position. Better than a cable extension.

This USB flex adapter works very well. It easily changes from left hand to right hand, and the cable can exit to the rear just above the desktop surface or an inch higher to clear the path of other hardware.

This is just what I was looking for - Can be flipped up or back to reduce sticking out the side of my laptop. Well made - a very good product as is all Cables-to-Go products. I bought it to flip up my Sprint USB Air Card and it works extremely well. It can also be folded flat along the laptop and it is flexible and tough enough to slide into my backpack without removing. Buy one of these and you will not be disappointed.

My laptop has USB ports on the side and back. I have looked all over for a simple right angle adapter that would plug into the USB port and immediately turn 90 degrees flush against the laptop case. That would allow me to plug USB devices in without them sticking out to the side as a protrusion that could easily be broken off. The FlexUSB is the closest thing I have found, but the design is such that it still sticks out 3/4 of an inch from the USB jack. It would have been better if the right angle was flush with the USB plug. I find that I don't use the FlexUSB as much as I would if it were more flush. I am now considering a short extension cable I have found that does sit much more flush.

To flimsy. It was great up until one of the little ears broke off where it pivots. I hot glued it into the position I want and there it will stay. The pivot joint ears should be made wider and stronger.

The product is well made and extremely useful. Makes it possible to use USB devices of all sizes on my PCs where the USB connections are all crammed together in a small space.



The quick delivery was appreciated.



I would definitely order this product from this company again.

I looked around for a gadget like this for some time and finally found it on Amazon. It works great and I would recommend it to anyone who has a need for a turn out of their USB port. You can position it in any of 70 different angles. The connection both in the computer and to the USB device are secure and don't slip out. It really is working out well for me. - Adapter - Usb - Flexible Usb Adapter - Usb Adapter Elbow Flexible'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Usb Adapter Elbow Flexible - usb, adapter usb Usb Adapter Elbow Flexible - usb, adapter