Friday 27 February 2009

Universal Power Adapter


The six commonly used power tips provide flexibility with this product. I purchased this to use as an interface between a CD Walkman player and the AC power cord. The heads have specific polarity; so it is possible to attach the heads incorrectly. However, if you pay attention to the plus and minus hookups as indicated, it's not too difficult to make the attachment correctly the first time. I found the product to work effectively. The only negative I can see is that the actual plug-in device is a bit bulky; so if you want to use this in a power strip setting, the AH3WH can be a bit of a plug hog. However, other than that limitation, the product was reliable. Recommended to save on those batteries which do add up! RCA Universal AC Adapter (AH3WH)

BOTTOM LINE: Although I got what I wanted, I would be very reluctant to use this adapter for anything sensitive (e.g., laptop) but it seems fine for toys or other low-end electronics.



I bought this product in replacement for a similar one that ceased to function after falling off a workbench. This adapter only contained six different power tips (as compared to the 16 provided by the other product), and did not contain the one that I needed. Luckily, I was able to reuse a power tip from the previous product.



There is apparently no industry standard for these power tips, so you are taking a guess whether this particular product will fit your needs. It may show up and have no tip you can use.



There is nothing on the power tips to indicate what they are (e.g., 5 mm outer barrel by 2.5 mm inner barrel).



While the documentation did provide clear instructions on ensuring correct polarity (be SURE to get this right), there is no possible way to be sure you have the "right" power tip; you must use trial and error and if it seems to fit and you are getting power, then it works. This last point is the reason I would not use this on a laptop or other high-end device.

At first, I thought it was defective because no green light after plugging in. Then the light came on and still couldn't get my JBL speaker to come on. Turns out I plugged the adapter in wrong so after a couple of tries, I got it to work. I left it plugged in all nite and it was a little warm so you might need to unplug from wall if not in use. For the price, it is an excellent buy.

I recently bought a weather radio that did not come with a power cord, so I purchased this one. The product works, I would caution you on one thing. The prongs for each tip are stuck through a piece of hard plastic. When I opened it up, I eyeballed the correct tip and tried to get it out first. Unfortunately, I had the right tip, and broke off one of the prongs. It still works I just have to prop it up against something. The tip doesn't fit perfectly, so I'm not sure if I'm having to apply pressure because the tip doesn't fit or to hold the prong in place.



So...to get the rest of the tips out I used a butter knife to push them through on the side of the prongs, instead of pulling the tips.

Adjustable adapters and adjustable voltages, what more can you ask for, just dont lose the adapters!!! wish they were somehow connected to the adapter so you could wouldn't have to worry about storing them, but still great deal for an all in one adapter!! saved me plenty of time looking around for one!

It is a 5 for price and selection of tips. It is a 2 for length of charging, but leave it on, do an errand and your good. Overall, it is a 3. For those who are budget minded, need compatibility, and don't have to have it quick charged, this is a good deal.

The shipping was fast. It was here in three business days. I tried this in a few different electronic devices. It did not have a snug fit in A belkin 802.11 g router. Bummer. I'm not sure these connections are exactly standardized. Still gonna use it. The price was fair. Thank you. I would buy again from this seller.

I was delighted that another reviewer said this product worked for their Sony Shower Radio/CD Player. I confirm that it does have the right link and I am no longer wasting battery after battery. I cannot comment further because that was my sole need. So I am delighted that one problem is resolved.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Universal Power Adapter Universal Power Adapter Universal Power Adapter