Friday 27 February 2009

Hitachi Brad Nailer - power tools, cordless stapler


This stapler/nailer barely performs for even the most remedial tasks.I would not suggest buying this item when there are much more affordable tools out there that out perform it.I bought the old style hand held staple gun,had zero problems and completed my project.As a stapler this thing works okay,but it wont drive brads through the thinnest of materials and bends half the nails it does drive.Nothing but a bad attempt at what is supposed to be a helpful tool,and I am a huge fan of Ryobi products. Factory-Reconditioned Ryobi ZRP300 One+ Nailer/Stapler

I have used longest 9/16 staples, and they could not punch together 1/4 plywood and 1/2 MDF. The bearingly punched 1/4 plywood through, forget about the MDF.

I could use it or P301 for running staples around loose upholstery on your chair or sofa. BUT I would not use it for lumber work: wood, hardwood, plywood, or MDF. Too weak! Use compressor staplers instead.

I am a huge Ryobi One+ fan, but sadly this unit is not powerful enough to fully set any staple or brad nail into wood. Additionally, the strip of staples or nails falls apart in the loader so they get jammed and most of them have to be discarded.

I second to stukka7 review and also suggest you buy $10 hand stapler. This is definitely not for wood to wood operation EVEN FOR STAPLES. (I have not tried brads yet but people report they are much worse). I bent about one third of the staples on the highest power setting trying to attach 1/4 thin laminated floor board to 2 x 4 with the longest staples supplied with it. This is unacceptably high failure rate for such a simple operation. For other less heavy operations it can be fine...but you can do with hand stapler for light use.



I though "finally I have a serious power punch". FAR from that. You may need the compressor powered gun...but that is too much bother for me at this point dealing with compressors and hoses.

I purchased this product from a big home improvement store for the purpose of changing upholstery on our dining room chairs. My wife and I both used it and it got the job done for us. It does jam quite easily and often, but it did have enough power to drive the staples into the wood. I have also used it for small jobs around the house to nail things up and together. It's better as a nail gun. This is not a big job tool. The battery life is good and it's not too heavy. I would purchase this tool again.

THE WORST TOOL I HAVE EVER USED. I usually use Dewalt or Hitachi cordless tools but no one offers a cordless stapler. Calling this garbage a stapler may be criminal. You would have better luck breaking the staples apart and pushing them in by hand. It will drive maybe 5-10 1/4" staples into soft pine before it jams if you are really lucky.

I have been using a Porter Cable pneumatic brad gun for some years. The idea of a cordless gun appealed to me so I got this one. It works well with two limitations. Power: For soft wood it is fine but for hardwood only short brads or thin wood works consistently. Speed: Essentially this is a spring powered tool with a motor to compress the spring. As such each cycle is quite slow compared to an air powered gun. For the right jobs it is a real convenience and time saver but for many jobs it doesn't have the power to fully do the job.

Just fair as a stapler and nearly useless as a brad nailer. The large head makes it difficult to position the staples or brads close to an edge or in a corner. It jams frequently and can not drive a brad fully into soft wood. I purchase this so I would not have to drag out the compressor for small jobs but now it just takes up shelf space.

I've been purchasing Ryobi tools for five years now. They work long and hard and are financially a good decision because of their low cost investment and high productivity. This seller shipped quickly and my tool arrived and is already paying for itself. I'll buy again. - Nailers - Power Tools - Nail Gun - Cordless Stapler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hitachi Brad Nailer - power tools, cordless stapler cordless stapler Hitachi Brad Nailer - power tools, cordless stapler