Monday 9 February 2009

Inflatable - inflatable, intex


As far as this class of inflatable boats, its the best I have been in. The seats are large and very comfortable. The boat is big, wide, very stable and is easy to row with only 2 oars even with 2 guys in it weighing over 200lbs. I have been on Lake Ponchartrain with it twice in a bit of wind and waves and it done pretty well. As many inflatables, takes waves really well but wind and current slows it down. So its ok as a lake or seashore boat and it does well in inland waterways too. Tried it in the lake with a Minn Kota Endura 30lb thrust electric motor today for the first time. This thing runs around at a quick brisk pace with that motor. Used a deep cycle marine battery with 120 capacity and it lasted for hours of constant running with only a half charge. Then, out of no where the weather got bad and I mean bad. Wind kicked up some pretty high gusts and waves to full white caps. At first me and my bud thought we could be in trouble, that was until I kicked the motor up to full speed and it brought us right back in. It passed the test and it could be one of the better motors for this boat and you can get it for only $100. Great boat, nice setup. It belongs to my bud, I just ordered me the boat and motor mount. I will be getting the same setup. I also recommend a minn kota trolling motor power center. It has a battery gauge that can work as a 'fuel' gauge and tell you how much capacity is left and two 12v plug ins for CD players, VHF radios, GPSs or whatever you want. Even a cool refrigerator ice chest. Intex Excursion 4 Boat Set

As an apartment dweller in Michigan who loves to fish a little boat was on the top of my list to purchase. A boat that could be stored easily and compactly was a must. We have now used this boat several times on a small lakes.



Now the details; the overall quality was even higher than expected. The material seems to be heavy duty, and you do not feel like it could rupture at anytime. The listed capacity for this boat is 880 lbs and with only about 400 lbs (2 people and gear) it floats surprisingly high out of the water which makes it feel like a boat and not a pool toy. As an added bonus it uses a double hull design and as stated in the included materials even if the main (exterior hull completely deflates the craft can stay afloat. The included pump works, if you are using this every weekend you may want to upgrade. I found the included oars functional and they seem to be holding up well. A great advantage of an inflatable is the storage it is fairly compact especially given the overall size of the boat, and it actually fits back in its included carry bag with no problems. We even had enough space left in the carry bag to store two life vests.



The only problem with the excursion 4 is maneuverability in the wind. It is much easier to handle on a calm day, so if you live in a windy area an inflatable may not be for you. Overall I would highly recommend this boat and the price is well worth it.

Ideal for boating in lakes needing towing capacity of ~800 LB.



-- GOOD boat for fishing, and nice smooth ride in lake.

-- Does what it says taking 4 people.

-- Very easy to install to pump air, very easy to use.

-- More importantly delivers what it says for the money you spend, worth every penny.



The pump that comes with the boat can deliver, I went with buying a electric pump that connects to my car.

I have never used any kind of boat, was able to figure out its use in few minute's.

Fill chamber 1 then chamber 2 then chamber 3, fit your seats, motor mount if powered by motor and you are on a roll.

Takes about 20 minutes to fully assemble at lake or water body.

Keep the 10 cm tape that comes with the Boat, which helps to test (by comparing with the marking on the boat) if the boat is fully inflated



Great experience.

I just took my boat out last weekend on the lake at the campsite. It was great! Very easy to set up and break down. My family thought I was crazy to buy a boat like this but they were the first ones in. 3 adults and gear fit comfortably. It could hold 4 adults but it might be a tight squeeze. I am very happy that I bought this boat. I will be even happier when I get the motor.

This boat is soooo much fun. There was a delay.. and Fedex lost the boat. After waiting for a couple of weeks..from the 9th till the 24th I emailed Amazon customer service and told them I was disappointed the boat seemed to get lost and Fedex couldn't find it. It is easy to track the package with the Fedex link... anyway... Amazon sent a replacement in one day and we were out in the boat on Saturday... OMG... water was a little rough so sea sickness is not allowed, but the boat itself was just right. We are not small people, so each of us got a bench seat and we took the fishing rods used the fishing rod holders and picnic lunch.. we had purchased a small anchor from the local outdoor store and a 50 foot tow line to throw out from the dock where I live to pull ourselves to the dock when we got close. So we went out to sea.. Great oars, break down in half and can be used with tubing also. Pump is sufficient, but leave some time to pump it up. I was not quick. It looks exactly like the picture. Has handles to carry it to water after you pump it up near by. You first inflate the bottom then the side and then the lower side that comes out with the fishing rod holders. The seats are pumped up separate and then hook in to the boat. You weave your steady rope around the outside-insert your oars into the oar holders after you get in the water and you are good to go.... It was a lovely day in the boat... Express air out lids and folded it up and put it on my screened porch... Looking forward to many others. Use the bottom half of the oars when out by myself tubing or noodle chairing on the river... well worth the money. - Inflatable Boat - Inflatable - Intex - Review'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Inflatable - inflatable, intex inflatable boat Inflatable - inflatable, intex