Wednesday 28 January 2009

Shany Cosmetics - plates, konad


I love these! They are high quality, and the image selection is awesome. There's even a couple of images for each major holiday, which is a bonus because now I don't need any holiday plates. I would suggest ignoring the negative review on this product which says the plates are scratched and the images are not deep enough to produce a stamped picture. The plates have a fine plastic cover on them that needs to be peeled off prior to the first use. And indeed the plastic cover does make the plates look scratched up, and the plates are impossible to use without removing that cover. Once the plastic is peeled off, you'll find a mirror finish plate underneath with high quality images that work wonderfully.

Bottom line, they work just as well as the name brand plates, with much less investment. Highly recommended! SHANY 2012 Nail Art Nailart Polish Stamp Stamping Manicure Image Plates Accessories Set 25pcs with Instruction

I have been looking for Konad ever since my friend purchased them a year ago. I finally bought them from the online site and BOY did they COST ALOT. The plates are almost $7 each! Crazy? Overall, it's a great product! But there is only ONE FATAL, AND I MEAN FATAL, FLAW. Just keep in mind, SIZE MATTERS.



Pros:

-Awesome variety. Many types of designs for different occassions, seasons, holidays, ect. Whatever you need.

-Great price! Can't beat this anywhere else. (Trust me I looked).

-Designs come out crisp and clean. Haven't had an issue with the images yet. Awesome quality for the price.

-I frikkin love it!



Cons:

-OK HERE IS THE FATAL FLAW. I'm asian (not to be racist) and have VERY small hands and my fingernails are generally short. My hands are smaller then my neighbor's 8 year old son. TINY. And the plates that have the full designs (such as the stripes, stars, ect)dont completely cover my nails. Unlike the konad designs (with room for no error), dont expect the whole image to cover/fit on your nails. Once you try to compeltely cover it, it looks terrible. Just killed it for me...

-Once again with my hands, TINY. French tips are diffacult to use. Pretty small size. It's workable for me but...I expect others to struggle.

-The plates are pretty thin compared to their Konad counterparts, be careful. I actually cut myself once. The edges are sharp and thin...think razor. Take caution when you first remove the plastic covers and when in use. ESPECIALLY around children.

I have a love hate relationship with these plates. I love them because they do their job perfectly. The nail stamp comes out clear and detailed on your nails. Also these plates fit nicely into the Konad plate holder, if you already have one. I must admit I was a bit worried about that. Oh and the designs are amazing. You get a wide variety of designs from French to full nail to even some holiday designs.



The reason why I hate them is because practically every time I use these I end up slicing my fingers on them. The plates are thin and sharp, so be extra careful when handling them, especially when you first take off that dreaded plastic coating that has no desire to come off nicely. Patience is needed here!



Also to note these plates where so thin and sharp they ripped the original packaging. So when they arrived they were scattered throughout the box. Luckily they were all accounted for except I ended up with a duplicate plate. Normally I wouldn't mind but this is plate #BM07 the one with the weed leaf. Clearly this design is not my cup of tea.

I was so excited when I found this product here on Amazon. The price I paid was amazing and being a Prime customer I got free two-day shipping. My final price ended up being 9.99 which is absolutely amazing for a 25 piece collection! These are the same plates as Bundle Monster (the plates even say "BM" on them...) but for an incredibly better price!



When I received them, I was a little wary because the package they were inside was ripped open and the plates were loose inside the box. This is because there are just so many plates, they were too heavy for the plastic wrap they were in (so, it could be looked at as a good thing!). I dealt with it and took them out to investigate further. Then I became a little worried because they looked scratched and used. However, once I pulled the super thin protective film off, they were perfect and brand new. The edges had been filed down and were not sharp at all (I noticed some people saying they were getting cut by the edges; this was not the case at all for me.)



Now onto the images: I love about 90% of the images. I like to be a little different so many of them appealed to me. Images like the anchor, the peacock, leaves, flowers, and feather were great. The "whole nail" images are perfect for me because I have smaller nail beds and they covered them completely (a little work for the thumb, but nothing too bad). There were, however, some images I would NEVER use, such as the biker flames and the pot leaf. Why would I ever want a pot leaf on my nails?! But for the most part, I loved the images.



I tried them the night I received them. I already had a scraper and a stamper from a nail stamp set I bought at ULTA (by essence) and so I made sure I used the right polishes and stamped away. I absolutely loved the results. So far, every image I've used has been great! I've gotten countless number of compliments on my nails and I look forward to creating more unique looks using these plates.



Ultimately, I give it 4/5 stars and would definitely recommend this to people.

This product is easy to use. love the detail of each one.

looks so cute on very polished and i adore them on my toes.

great deal on a great product will buy more.

:)

btw did i say the designs are so cute :)

not good!!! the images are not sharp when stamped, however the edges on each disc are sharp enough to cut your finger, the protectant film on each disc is SO difficult and annoying to remove, the images which should cover a whole nail (like the zebra)are so small you can only use it on a pinky finger-not worth it people! - Image Plates - Plates - Bundle Monster - Konad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shany Cosmetics - plates, konad bundle monster Shany Cosmetics - plates, konad