Wednesday 28 January 2009

Screwdrivers - computer, screwdrivers


These are exactly as advertised. Very high quality, very precise, German made screw drivers in a nice case.



If you do electronics work, or open computers, they are exactly what you want. Yep, they are more expensive than a cheap bag of screwdrivers from China, but they are far superior as well.



In this case, you get what you pay for, if not more. Wiha 26199 Slotted and Phillips Screwdriver Set in Rugged Canvas Pouch, 8 Piece

I needed small screwdrivers for fixing my cameras and computers all the time. I've thrown away a good number of cheap to not so cheap makes. But the Wiha that I bought years ago are always the ones I find reliable and indestructible. This is especially important with the tiny ones. I finally decided that I needed a full set, and this fills my needs.

I'm a huge fan of tools with cases or pouches included. I hate my tools to be in a mess! This pouch is awesome.. it keeps everything so perfectly organized and protected from other stinky rusty tools!!



Positives:



Awesome Pouch! (nice material!)

Strong steel! (even the tiniest screw driver isn't flimsy what-so-ever)

Ascetically great looking!! (if you pay this much for tiny tools, they should look good!)

spinning base! (This can't be overlooked... the bearings inside the tools are smooth!! It helps a lot when you have to push down hard to get the tough screws out..)



Negatives:

Not many. All around a great high quality product! If i had to pick anything it would be the space between screwdriver slots. The bag could be a lot smaller to save some space in your tool chest.



This set simply performs!! I highly recommend this product to anyone, from the tiniest do-it-yourself handyman to a professional contractor. It performs great for daily needs and the high-quality of the tool with last in the high demands of contractors.

High quality, German made (not Chinese) tools at a very fair price. I purchased these to open up my HP Mediasmart server for a memory upgrade, and the #00 philips fits just right. If you need a nice set of small drivers, just get 'em.

Based on photos, product reviews, and the fact that German Engineering is top notch I ordered my first set of Wiha tools. First set as in more will follow, these are very well made screw drivers.



The caps spin nicely from light to heavy applied pressure. They turn just as easily under heavy pressure as with light which was a nice surprise.

The handles are light weight and made of what feels to be a very durable material. The information stamped on the handle is easy to read and appears to be quite durable, I doubt it will wear off even with heavy use.

The blades are well made and have a very light texture to them, giving them a very nice feel.

The tips are coated (can't recall specifics of coating) and under 20X magnification you can see just how precise the machine work is.

The screw drivers can be magnetized, I wish I had ordered the Wiha magnetizer/demagnetizer with this set.

The canvas pouch is well made and should last for many years. The canvas pouch I received has one flaw, it was sewn a little crooked on one corner, not that I care.



One question I had before I ordered this set was will the caps eventually fall off due to wear? I tried to pull the caps off a couple of mine just so I can tell you, don't worry about it, they will not come off.

These are very well made. They keep their edges, fit nicely in your hand, aren't heavy but are very durable, and have the nice rotating top. Made in Germany. At this price I can't see any reason to buy cheaper screwdrivers.

In the past I've bought the cheap jewelers screw driver sets and needed to replace them regularly. This time I decided I would spend a bit more and see if it would work out better. I've had a couple of occasions already to test out this set and find it to be a big improvement over my past purchases and I like the case as well. The handles are nice and the screwdrivers definitely seem to feel much sturdier. If I knew a friend was looking for a new precision screwdriver set, I would definitely recommend this set.

I have been a fan of Wiha for years. For those who need screwdrivers for electronics work they have a superb line of ESD safe drivers. They also have the ESD handles with interchangable blades. These are outstanding and fairly cheap. handles are 10 bucks or so and blades are 4 dollars.

I hate not having the right tools and eyeglass-kit screwdrivers from the local QuikiMart just don't cut it when opening up a laptop. If you do any kind of electronics work these are the drivers to have on hand. I bought these and a larger set of Wiha drivers and they are the ultimate. Sure, I use Stanley drivers for hanging curtain rods, but these Wihas are just the ticket for small-parts electronic work. Price should not be an argument against these. They are the best. - Computer - Screwdriver - Electronics - Screwdrivers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screwdrivers - computer, screwdrivers computer Screwdrivers - computer, screwdrivers