Wednesday 28 January 2009

12 Volt Battery - sealed lead acid battery, security system battery


The batteries arrived from Portable Power Systems punctually and nicely packed. The form factor was as described and they were easily placed into our church's alarm system, where they've silently and steadfastly doing their job. Ask me again in five years how they are doing! EnerSys Genesis (formerly Yuasa) NP4-12 - 12 Volt/4 Amp Hour Sealed Lead Acid Battery with 0.187 Fast-on Connector

This battery works great for my alarm system backup battery. My old battery went through its life span, resulting in the alarm system beeping at me every few days, sometimes even at midnight (very annoying, but I guess it served its purpose well). If you have an Ademco alarm system, "BAT" will show up on your display. I went to the Honeywell website (owns Ademco products), and the replacement battery was around $33 plus shipping! Needless to say, I ordered the battery here and it came in less than a week. Just put it in one day ago and it works great. Please note that it might take a while for the "BAT" error message to disappear. The error on my system took a little while to sense that there was a new battery installed. If you're reading this, you probably already know what you're doing, but the battery goes in a brown box somewhere in your house (you might need a key to open it). I will update if the battery gives me any problems.

I needed a replacement battery for my alarm system. This one is an exact match and the previous one lasted 14 years. I connected it to my system the trouble light cleared and I haven't had a bit of trouble since.

This battery replaced a similar one (exact specs) in my home alarm system. Hooked it up in under one minute. The terminals fit perfectly. Battery appears pretty well-built. System charged battery up and was fully operational within a few hours (normal). Would not hesitate to buy this one again!

I received a letter from my home alarm company stating that I had a low battery condition. Sure enough, my alarm board confirmed this. After looking up battery size, connector type, volt and amp specs found on a schematic within my alarm box, I found this battery on Amazon. The price was right and the shipping rates not bad considering the company has to ship haz mat rates. The company shipped quickly and the battery was as described on Amazon. It took less than a minute to unconnect the old battery and reconnect the new one. It took overnight for the battery to fully charge. After resetting my alarm box, no more low battery condition indicator. I rated my experience with this battery at five stars but I will be less than thrilled if I don't get at least 3-5 years or more of battery life. I've lived in this house for 10 years and the old battery was in place when we moved in. One more thing, the old battery was warm to the touch the few times I was in the alarm box. The new battery is now cool to the touch. I don't know if that means anything but thought I would mention it.

This is a fine replacement for the Yuasa battery. It solved all my problems of our house alarm going off several times at 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00AM. My children and neighbors and local authorities are all very happy. Highly recommended for anyone with a low security battery.

Was going on 7 years with the previous battery and the alarm system was indicating Lo Battery. So I ordered this exact replacement even though with shipping it was a couple of dollars more than a wholesale outfit across town. But then again I did not have to waste gas and time getting it.

The delivery was fast even with standard shipping, and even though the box was a bit beat up when delivered, the battery was well packed and not damaged.

Yes, it does take half an hour before the alarm system removes the Lo Battery indication. And now I am looking forward to another 7 years of trouble free operation. - Sealed Lead Acid Battery - Security System Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


12 Volt Battery - sealed lead acid battery, security system battery security system battery 12 Volt Battery - sealed lead acid battery, security system battery