Friday 30 January 2009

Samsung


I don't usually write reviews but there aren't very many for this product so I decided to do one.

I have this tv in my room hooked up to my play station. Picture quality is very good and sound is not bad either.



Pros:

120 hz

1080p

great price

energy efficient.

Looks good in bright environments.



Cons: The stand is very wobbly. I like to rest my feet on the desk but i can't now because it wobbles the tv. which is really disappointing but I'm sure there is something I can do to fix it.



Conclusion: I'm giving this tv 5 out of 5 stars because it was exactly what I was looking for. A solid tv, with the specs I wanted at a great price. 5 stars for the tv. 1 star for the stand. I have only had this tv for 2 days now so I will update if I have any further issues. Samsung UN22D5003 22-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black)

I brought this TV as a monitor for my computer.



I like that the speakers are built in and if you have hdmi on your computers video card it reduces the need for an additional soundcard and audio cable.



My only complaint is that there is a pc/dvi mode for the hdmi ports that makes the pc image look really clear and it was difficult to find it existed at all. For the first week of use the text was very blurry on the monitor and it was only through reading on message boards that I found this option needed to be changed. It is not an obvious option as I had been through the whole menu on the TV many times. Once this option is set Windows looks great at 1080p.



I also have xbox 360 hooked up to the second hdmi port and that looks great as well.



Overall this is a very nice TV or monitor for 250 bucks if you are going to be sitting pretty close to it when using it.



One other negative might be the stand as it doesn't really allow you to do anything. What you see is what you get. It's not a problem for me though.

This is used exclusively with The Boss' PS3 console, and it's a very nice screen. Coincidentally, the day this was delivered, she brought home a similarly-priced, identically-spec'd 24-inch Toshiba from a local B&M, and the differences are night-and-day.



Both have a stunning picture, head-on, but as you move off-axis from directly in front of the screen, this Samsung holds color gamut at far greater angles than the Toshiba, and remains viewable at least as far to the side as you can go and still see the screen. Colors may not be so great at that angle, but you can see them. With the Toshiba, all you see is a dark panel.



We previously had a Sony Trinitron CRT connected to the PS3 console, and I thought it worked mighty good at that role. I'm not a gamer, but when I look over her shoulder now, I can see parts of the games I've never seen before, and not because of the wider aspect ratio. Stuff that was hidden in the dark areas now pops out.



This is the first LCD television I bought, and I bought small and cheap because of the problems inherent with LCD screens. This one has sold me. Still have to be careful with brands and models within brands, but I like 'em and am actively shopping for a larger screen for the living room.



As a bonus, The Boss says the games look so much better - and different - she can go back and play her old games all over again. If she does that, this set will have paid for itself in a few months.



Highly recommend this where it's size fits the size of the room. Fantastic, lucky, first buy.

The TV is great it has a nice bright picture and it is crystal clear. I like the 120Hz refresh rate it makes sports look better. The only thing I was unaware of was the lack of audio outputs. I wanted to hook this TV up to speakers and I can not do so because there an no audio outs what so ever. Other than that the TV is everything that I expected and I would go with a Samsung again in the future.

This is not 120hz. This is 120MCR Clear Motion Rate. Samsung use this just to make you think it is 120hz. I returned it after it was opened and discovered it is not 120hz. Samsung list the TV on their website as a 120 Clear Motion Rate TV. So, I dont know why amazon insist in having it listed as 120hz.DO NOT buy if you want a 120hz tv that is 120hz.

OK....so here I was looking for a bedroom TV to hook up to my bluray and Netflix streaming. Finally gotten rid of the old clunker Haier tube TV from years ago.



At first, I was taken by the design of a Vizio 26" somewhat widely carried by many retailers and also on the internet. So I went out and bought it at a local retailer. Psyched. It fit perfectly in the intended bedroom spot. Looked great too. Dead remote....couldn't get past the first set-up page. Tried everything. Very pissed off. A bad omen. Such disappointment. Returned it for a refund.



Then.....I discovered this Samsung. Always liked Samsung. Even though the size was a bit smaller and it looked like everybody else's flat screen, I found that it is 1080p with a 120khz refresh rate. Granted the 1080p res isn't anything to write home about with such a small screen, the 120hz refresh rate (better pic with fast motion) hooked me along with the LED illumination. Bought it. Set it up. Hey! It works!! Fantastic picture.



Pros: Samsung - 120hz refresh rate - sturdy remote control - slim design - excellent picture.



Cons: NONE really. But....there is no audio output on this particular model. You must rely soley on the set's speakers. Some people have complained of this, but they should have inquired first before buying. Some complain of the audio quality, but...if you go into the settings and work with the set's audio equalizer a bit you can get it to sound quite nice for a set of it's size. Remember, this is a small set intended for the kitchen, bedroom, dorm or study. Not a home theatre. Part of this could be worked around if you have a bluray with audio outputs.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Samsung Samsung Samsung