Wednesday 14 January 2009

Plasma Wall Mount


I relied heavily on other reviews to make this purchase, so I feel it is necessary that I leave my own. This is a great mount at an excellent price. The product specs on the website say it will fit 30-56 in flat panels. When the product arrived, the box says 30-50 in, so I got worried because I bought it for a 52 in Samsung. After reading other reviews, I decided to try it before sending it back. The mount fit our tv perfectly, and there was plenty of room. I also didn't realize it had a tilt feature, which I didn't think I wanted. It actually came in handy once we had the tv on the wall and were trying to secure it. Another reviewer mentioned having to attach all the connections to the tv before mounting, but with the tilt feature, this is unnecessary. The instructions were easy to follow, and installation was a breeze. I HIGHLY recommend this mount and buying on Amazon! Sanus VMPL50B VisionMount Tilting Mount For 30"- 56" Displays - Black

I have a recessed cavity for my flat panel LCD with no access to the rear of the Television, so I was concerned about the accessability of any latch that would secure the Television brackets to the wall plate. This unit includes "optional" (in my opinion) safety bolt that will secure the brackets to the wall plate, gravity holds the brackets onto the wall plate. So to gain access is as simple as tilting the base of the TV out and lifting the TV off the wall plate (truly a two person job). The construction of the unit is robust stamped (12 gauge approx.) steel, with a high quality finish (satin powder coat). The wall bracket is 29" inside the side stops, and the maximum span of the bracket mounting holes when mounted on the wall plate is 26 1/2". The tilt operates nicely on plastic glides. Sanus even thought of including concrete wall anchors with the extensive hardware packet! No worries with this wall mount, it is the same one that you would pay 2X the price at...!

I purchased this wall mount for my 46 inch samsung lcd hdtv. The instructions were easy to follow and the installation was quick and simple. The mount came with 3 different sizes of screws to connect to the back of the tv but unfortunately none of them were quick the right length for my tv. I ended up having to go to to a hardware store to buy bolts that were the right length. A minor inconvenience but one you have to keep in mind.



A word of advice, you need to make sure and have all your connections hooked into the tv before you put it up on the wall mount. Since the mount leaves the tv very close to the wall it is very hard to connect anything once it is up. It is very simple to lift the tv off the mount but it takes 2 people so be warned. Great piece of hardware and I highly recommend it.

I'm pretty satisfied with this wall mount (so far). I'm using it with a 52" Sony Bravia HDL-52W4100 (71 lbs.), and I have read that other reviewers were having to buy additional screws in order to fasten the hooks onto Sony TV's, so I emailed the company ([...]) and asked them what were the proper size; I got a prompt reply and I bought a few of the screws at Lowes before I went home (tried Home Depot but couldn't find them). After looking at all the supplied hardware at home, I discovered that in fact the proper screws WERE there (metric M6 x 20mm), so no harm, no foul. Anyway, I hit wall studs with 6 screws (weird wall) but actually had to use a shim on one end because my wall is bowed (previous owner attempted to be a carpenter), used the center mounting holes on the hooks to allow for the most up/down adjustment, and up it went. As with other reviewers, I also hung on the bracket to test it out before I put the TV up. Had to do some minor math to figure out how high to mount the bracket related to where the hooks were connected to the TV, so the height was pretty close to how I wanted it (top of the screen was level with my eye while standing up); there's about 5-6 inches of height adjustment available, thanks to all the holes in the TV hooks, but you need to be at least in the ballpark (and the manual doesn't really help with this). You can be a little off center with the wall bracket (depending on how much side play your TV allows you) to allow yourself to hit at least two studs; the hooks cannot slide off the sides of the bracket, which I was pleased to discover, and the TV sits far enough away from the wall that I can plug in additional cords without taking the TV down. The bottom set screws that hold the hooks on the bracket can be hand tightened (at least, in my case), but it's wise to thread them on before you mount the TV. Some people wouldn't bother with the screws, but in my house I don't trust anything to not fall that's not nailed or bolted down, and the hooks are not all that deep (one bracket I saw at BJ's Warehouse had a large hook with a coat rack-style bracket), so better safe than sorry; I suggest hand tightening them all the way and then backing them off a turn so you can make minor sideways adjustments. The tilt feature is a plus, as well; a little downward adjustment can get rid of a lot of glare.

I just bought the fam a new Sony KDL-46V2500 46" Bravia V-Series 1080p LCD HDTV for Christmas. I had plans on mounting it on the wall but didn't want to pay someone $300 (not including parts) to come and mount it on the wall for me. So I did some research and Sanus came up as the best flat panel mount out there. So, I ordered it...



It came with all the parts you need to mount on any kind of surface. I was mounting mine on over the fireplace which is a brick wall. So, all I needed to buy was a 1/2" masonry drill bit and drill holes in the mortar.



Only thing that I did not like is that it did not come with the right size screws for screwing the brace to the tv. I had to run over to Lowe's to pick up some longer screws to fit the tv.



In all, this is the absolute best mount out there for your HDTV.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Plasma Wall Mount Plasma Wall Mount Plasma Wall Mount