Friday 23 January 2009

Mp3 Player - mp3 player, waterproof mp3 player


I had been looking for a good waterproof music solution and tried a few different products, including waterproof cases for my iPod and waterproof earbuds. I ended up wasting too much time fiddling with everything, trying to get all set up, secure the cables and the buds, which kept falling out. It was a mess. I saw this product and it seemed to solve all my problems by combining everything into one, so I gave it a chance. Amazon shipped it in 2 days with Prime, which I'm totally addicted to.



Adding songs to the Wave was way easier than with iTunes. Just drag and drop! The Wave fit comfortably, and came with count 'em - 7! - different sets of tips. I went with the triple flange, which did a nice job of sealing the product inside my ears, which are sensitive to water (swimmer's ear). I charged it up by USB and was off to the gym. I hit play and took to the pool without all the hassle, and started into my laps while jamming to my music with perfect clarity. What a joy! I did my full swim workout without missing a beat. I have to wear ear plugs when I am swim, but this served as adequate ear plugs as well. I was having so much fun, I wore them in the shower in the locker room too. I must say, it's cool to be able to listen to your music anywhere you want, even in water! Since then, the Wave has been on of my favorite gadgets. I've used it for running and lifting weights as well. It's just way easier than the iPod and separate wired buds when you're doing something active. And they sound great...as good or better than my iPod buds.



My only complaint is that you can't upgrade the memory size. But with a waterproof product, I guess you don't really want an SD card slot. Plus, 2GB fit over 500 songs, and you can change the songs any time you want. So all in all, it's a solid product and at $50 - $80, a pretty fair price for an MP3 player + headphones. Think I've found my Christmas gift for a few folks! WAVE - Waterproof MP3 Player Headphones - 2GB - In-ear Earbuds Style

Let me start off by saying I've been waiting a long time for a set of headphones like these. I just got back from my inaugural workout with them by doing a sprint triathlon, and in most ways, they were a pleasure. They stayed in place while I was running and biking like they were glued to my head. While swimming, they did tend to come out a bit while doing freestyle, but I was able to adjust on the go without issue.



The sound was surprisingly great while swimming. To tell you the truth, I expected it to have that 'underwater' garble to the music, but it was crisp, clear, and plenty loud even at about 40% volume. Quality mid-range headphones all around, which is perfect for the gym. These would be great for anyone looking for a waterproof set of headphones to throw in the gym bag, carry to the lake, run in the rain, etc. No longer will I have to worry about destroying my headphones or cell phone when the weather isn't cooperating and I still want to get a workout in.



There was only one issue that I have with them. The underwater tips are fairly aggravating to the ear canal. This isn't something I think can necessarily be avoided, or even changed as far as design goes, but if you hate the feeling of having something in your ear, these aren't for you. They are meant to have a seal, and unfortunately you do sacrifice comfort for utility.



EDIT: After using these for two weeks, I started having major issues with these headphones. First, the sound started coming in and out. It would be very soft, then only the left headphone would work, then back to very soft. Second, the buttons weren't working correctly to change the music (for example the track back button completely died on me). Third, the battery life was abysmal. I have been training for a sprint triathlon, and these would die after around 1.5 hours worth of use even though I charged it all night. Contacted JLab and they advised me to reset the firmware, which I did at the sacrifice of not having a shuffle function. This seemed to fix the issue for about a day, but then the buttons did not work again.



I just got back from the gym, and was able to run for 4 miles, bike for 15 miles, and swim for 500 meters before the battery died. This was less than 2 hours, and again the battery was charged all night. I don't know if it's an issue with the unit itself (ie the engineering or the seal itself), or an issue just with the battery.



Previously, getting things replaced has been a pleasure with JLab, but I just got off the phone and I'm irked that they wouldn't send me out a new unit until I sent the old one back. That means I'll unfortunately have to go back to regular headphones and no music while swimming while this gets sorted out (around a week is what I'm told). Bummer. And talking to the CS on the phone, they mentioned they've had multiple people sending them back for problems, so it isn't an isolated issue. This product is potentially life-changing, but I'd probably hold off until the issues are worked out.

I have been looking for a waterproof MP3player headset so I could use it on my personal water craft. And when I came across this unit, I had to try it out for the price of $30.



I had high hopes for this thing since the photos show it off very well, especially on the manufacturer's website, and the frequency response of 20-20kHz is pretty good in such a small package. But when the device arrived, I panicked a bit. The packaging is a plain white box with a couple of barcode stickers. (I hope it's not refurbished/remanufactured/repackaged.) My first impression was shut, because I started questioning the quality of the product inside. Thoughts of this being an amateur player quickly started forming. But after I opened the package and exposed the attractive player, I felt better about the product. I quickly plugged it into my computer via the included USB-to-microUSB cable. While the device was charging, I was dragging in my favorite music (it plays MP3 and WMA formats) just like dragging and dropping files into a flash drive. I noticed that the files which were copied into the player first, played first. The random/shuffle option is not available, which I do miss.



The charging of the player took less than half an hour to get the flashing green light to change into solid, meaning it was fully charged. I'm assuming the battery had some juice in it already, since it charged so quickly. After I reviewed the manual for the controls, I placed the player on my head and turned it on. Again, disappointment set in, as the sound of the music (dance and trance) was mediocre at best due to the complete lack of bass. But I quickly realized that I needed to install the proper ear tips (there are seven pairs to choose from) and once I picked the right ones, the bass of 20hz came through. I prefer headphones with response range of less than 10hz, but since I already knew the range on this unit was 20+, I expected average bass. Overall, the playback sound quality is good to very good, and the earpieces do a good job isolating any exterior noise. (I hope the strong sound of the PWC's engine can be filtered out.)



Wearing the headset around the house is very comfortable, and although I didn't try any sport activity with it yet, I believe the snug fit will keep the headset in place. I am very satisfied with the device and can't wait to use it outdoors. For $30, it's an awesome deal and would recommend it to others. I may grab another set in case this one somehow breaks.



UPDATE:

I just returned from my trip and I used this headset on my personal water craft. I was happily surprised that the earbuds sealed out the noise of the PWC's engine and nearly all the wind noise. There was only slight wind noise detected during the silence between songs. I had the volume set probably at 90% max. The bass was still mediocre and am wishing for more. The unit stayed put on my head, with my shades in place, while going as fast as 50 mph and against the wind. I didn't try going faster because I did start to feel slight departure of the unit from my head. Had I had the headset tied to something, I would have increased the speed, but I wasn't going to risk it. Maybe next time. - H20 - Waterproof - Waterproof Mp3 Player - Mp3 Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mp3 Player - mp3 player, waterproof mp3 player waterproof Mp3 Player - mp3 player, waterproof mp3 player