Saturday 24 January 2009

Knife Block Sets - ginsu, stainless steel


I bought this set for my MIL who is always coveting my set of Ginsu knives. I have the full block set which includes the steak knives & kitchen sheers. She didn't need the steak knives, so I bought her this prep set. I was disappointed to that this set is not a full sized set. The length of the knives is written in the item description, but I think they need to make it more obvious that these knives are a miniature version of the full sized ones. Douglas Quikut 4859 Ginsu 5-Piece Stainless Knife Prep Set, Natural

These four knives are good looking and sharp. And I really mean sharp. They can easily slice vegetables and the like. They have a good nicely balanced feel in your hands. I also like they dont take up too much room on your counter. And for the selling price you cant go wrong

Ginsu 4859 5 piece Stainless prep set



These knives are amazing for the price. You can't beat it! They are sturdy, cut amazingly well, never need to be sharpened and I haven't had any problems with rust! I never put them in the dishwasher because I know that they would probably start to rust. Its so easy just to hand wash them. Nothing will stick to the blade so its an easy rinse wipe and your done! For anyone looking to buy great knives but don't want to spend a lot of dough, this is the buy for sure!

These are possibly the sharpest knives that I have ever used in my life!! Apparently all these years I've been using dull/below average knives. The reason that I did not give 5 stars is because the block that it comes with is not truly made for these knives. They fit so-so into the slots. The smallest knife we actually had to force into the smallest slot. Other than that I would recommend these knives!! Fantastic!

The size of this set works well for me in my kitchen - would recommend it to amateur cooks of limited time and finances - gourmet cooks would of course not be interested in this size of set. A good starter kitchen item. Very sharp and serrated knives are easy care (except do not wash them in the dishwasher!) Most of us just want the knife to work when we need it and don't want to spend time sharpening. I did take exception to the stated price - $50. I got mine on "sale" for $20. Another example of the confusing price structures out there, with everything in the store way overpriced to start with and then heavily discounted to draw customers and give them an indication that they're getting a great deal. Still, it drew me in and it's a very handy and attractive set for my needs.

The knife set looks great and the knives are sharp. Unfortunately they are Not Rust Resistant. After the first wash, I left them out to dry on the rack and surprise surprise, small rust stains! The set is inexpensive for a reason, I suppose. If I could do it over again I would definitely Not buy them. I would have been better off buying 1 $30 dollar knife of high-quality and building a set, knife by knife...

I received this Ginsu knife set as a Christmas gift. I wanted them because my dishwasher had basically destroyed my wooden handled knives. My husband and I began reciting the infomercials about Ginsu knives that we both had seen growing up when I took them out to use them. We didn't expect much from them because we both felt that those types of things they sold on television were never as good as the actors made them seem. Also, they were very inexpensive compared to the other knife sets I looked at, which is another reason that I chose them. I didn't want anyone to spend too much money on me. But the low price made me fear that they might be junk. I am so pleased to say that I was very wrong. These knives are far from junk! I can honestly say they are the best knives I've ever owned. They are incredibly sharp and extremely sturdy. In fact, both my husband and I cut ourselves the first time we used them. Now we are VERY careful. I have to admit that I don't know what one of them is supposed to cut. But it doesn't matter, because the other three cut everything I need so I'm not too concerned. The quality of these knives is superior! - Ginsu - Knife Block Sets - Knife - Stainless Steel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Knife Block Sets - ginsu, stainless steel knife Knife Block Sets - ginsu, stainless steel