Saturday 24 January 2009

Bathroom Faucet


Ordered this faucet on somewhat of a "lark" for a bathroom I was re-doing. It came in very good time. I had several problems, but customer service took care of one and the others were more or less my responsibility. (1) The supply hose (1/2") did not fit my shut-off valve threads (3/8"). I went to both ACE Hardware and HD, trying to find a reducer that would fit, both size and threads. No luck. But at HD, the plumbing guy and I finally came up with the solution to get a couple of short supply hoses that were 1/2" on the end to couple to the included hoses and 3/8" on the other end that fit my shut-off valves. This solution worked just fine, just have a little extra hose under the cabinet, but not too much. (2) The second problem was that the included "O" ring did not fit the "groove" properly. I cannot over emphasize how helpful customer service rep Kathy was in helping to fix this. They actually sent me a whole new set that had been returned for some reason, including the "O" ring and told me to keep it all for spare parts. (3) The third problem, completely the fault of my valves, was that when I shut off the water under the cabinet, I think something in the shut-off valve malfunctioned. If I have the valve completely open, it works fine except the pressure it a bit too much, but no leaks; if it is turned down, so that the water pressure is lower, it leaks. And this faucet definitely needs a lower water pressure, so I will be replacing my shut-off valves in order to control the pressure. Otherwise, the faucet works great and is a real attention getter. I had company this weekend and everyone had to go and see it. It was pretty easy to install, which I did about 99% by myself, and I'm a 65 year old grandmother. I did use quite a bit of plumber's putty to avoid leaks around the bottom of the faucet simply because that's what I've always done. I think this is a great buy, for the uniqueness and for the functionality, especially at the price. Temperature Sensitive Single Handle Centerset LED Lavatory Faucet, Chrome

Product packaged well and as described, good installation instructions and all hardware included for easy installation. This is a very sturdy faucet with nice finish, a little noisy if turned full blast but full blast is too much pressure for bathroom sink anyway colors change quickly wit temperature change, has only been installed 2 weeks but everyone that has seen compliments it.

I love this faucet. It is so cool that all my friends coming to my house want to check out my bathroom.



It works really well and I will order another one for my other bathrooms. Highly recommend it. I had a plumber installed it for me, and he said the product is very high quality. It took him 30 minutes to get everything done.

I was so excited about getting this faucet, and it even came a day early so I could work on it over the weekend. I am not a professional plumber, but I am an engineer, very handy, and the description listed this as easy to install, so I thought I would give it a shot. First thing I always do is read the instructions all the way through, and after reading them I was more confused than I was before I started. The text instructions refer to 2 fastening poles that are used to hold the faucet to the sink, one picture shows the poles, but the part diagram shows a single large threaded pipe, which is what I have. In addition the pipe does not fit in the hole where the faucet goes. I went back and reread the website description (because the instructions are worthless) and it clearly says "Faucet Hole Required: Standard US 1/2" Diameter " when I measured the hole in my sink it is very close to being 1 1/4" so it should fit, but the threaded pipe is just over 1 1/4".The instructions also say if you have any trouble to refer to the "Customer service section" of the pamphlet, but guess what? There isn't a customer service section. When I look up Beelee on the internet it takes me to a Chinese website (www.beelee.cc). I can find the faucet, but all the phone numbers are Chinese, absolutely worthless. I tried to find a phone number here on Amazon, but nothing.It now looks like I am going to have to drill my sink to make the hole bigger, or return this faucet. I am completely worn out and frustrated.I have a neighbor that is a professional plumber, hopefully he will have some ideas.----------------------------------------

Ok I finally got this installed. I had to replace the shut off valves under the sink because they were 3/8" and this faucet wants 1/2". I also had to buy a dremel so that I could widen the opening in my sink.Now that it is installed I have rasied my rating to 3 stars. I see several design flaws that could easily be fixed by the manufacturer. 1. it is way too tall, the faucet easily dominates the bathroom the center stem should be lowered by at least 1". Also because it is so tall the water splashes all over.

2. the glass is not angled enough. If you don't have enought water coming out then it starts to flow back up underneeth the glass.

3. Air bubbles easily form and prevent the lights from turning on. I have to turn the water on slowely so that air bubbles don't form.

4. the drain plug in the back of the faucet is really stiff because it has to fit is a very small tight space that is also occupied by the hot and cold water pipes.

5. I had to play around with how much pressure from hot and cold water that I let in so that the water did not come out too fast and cause more splashes with warm water. However, when using just cold or hot the water pressure is only half so the water flow is reduced and sometimes just trickles out. This could be solved by haveing a built-in pressure regulator in the faucet that kept the pressure the same wether using only hot or cold, or both.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bathroom Faucet Bathroom Faucet Bathroom Faucet