Thursday 1 January 2009

Kayak Storage Rack


Not only was this an easy set up, but getting the kayak belted in was easy. I throw my misc gear in the cockpit (vest, water bottle etc). On the top we not only put our paddles but 3 sets of skiis & poles, 2 golf drivers & other stuff we didn't have a home for in our garage. It holds 250lbs as long as its mounted propperly so why not? We mounted this up high so I can still put my freezer chest down below our boat. This was a great storage solution for us! Malone J-Dock Hybrid Kayak and Gear Garage Storage Racks

My husband tried to make a pulley contraption to put a kayak on the ceiling of the garage, it didn't work. So I searched and found these on amazon and he was delighted. We put them on the garage wall the day they came. Easy to install and strong. We put our larger kayak on the racks and hung the smaller hobie from them, so it only took one set of the racks to store both boats. They are nicely accessible and very affordable.

I purchased two sets of the Malone J-Dock Hybrid Kayak Racks. They are clearly very sturdy, well-made, and easy to install. For this they get 5 stars. However, be aware that these are not padded in any way. The black areas are a solidly built hard plastic and only the bottom plastic support has a small patch of ridgid hard rubber for a small degree of cushioning.



That said, these have held our 12' kayaks for over two years now without any sign of stress or give, and no apparent marring of the glossy finish of the kayaks themselves.

I have a Malone carrier (with extender) which works well for my wife when loading and unloading solo. Consequently, I had no problem buying the Malone garage storage rack. It was inexpensive and easy to install. I have a 'Tarpon 120' kayak, which is flatter and wider than most boats as well as being 12 feet long. The storage rack not only holds the boat well, but I have had no need to secure with tie down straps. Granted, not all kayaks will fit as well as mine, but the fact is that I feel that my rack is being used optimally, yet is not being strained in the least.



Hugh R. Fojut

I love this rack. It was easy to assemble and mount on my garage wall and holds the kayak securely on its side. The only thing I would have like better is if it had a more secure paddle holding system.

I purchased the Malone J Dock for my Hobie 2 person kayak. It was very easy to mount on the garage wall with enclosed wood screws. Just make sure you get them into the studs. My kayak weigh about 90 lbs. and the rack holds it very stable even without the straps. If small kids around I would probably use the straps for additional safety.

I bought these around 6 months ago and they are still doing great. They were super easy to put up and they've been holding both mine and my wife's kayaks ever since we bought them. This was a much cheaper solution to storage than other devices I saw and the materials are very high quality. I'd definitely buy this again.

I installed the storage racks today. This is a high quality product. I put a tarpon 120 on top and hung another 120 on the bottom. Racks can easily handle the weight. The kayak hanging from the bottom was right up against the wall. The kayak on the rack had a slight angle back to the wall. This is a very affordable way to store two kayaks.

We looked all over trying to figure out how to store our newly purchased kayaks. This has been a great solution for us! It was easy to install and easy to get the kayaks into/out of. I have been really pleased with this storage system.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kayak Storage Rack Kayak Storage Rack Kayak Storage Rack