Tuesday 27 January 2009

Flat Panel Wall Mount - component shelf, wall mount


After searching and reading reviews, we decided to purchase the Omni-Mount TRIA Silver with clear glass shelves. We needed shelving to go under our wall-mounted flat-screen TV. These shelves, which are designed for lightweight components, work well for this purpose. As other reviewers noted, they will NOT work for small TVs or anything too heavy.



The product arrived in a nicely engineered, well-packed box. We weren't impressed with the instructions - each page is multi-lingual and the pictures are small with poor resolution. That being said, the product itself installed quite a bit easier than we expected and looks really nice.



We found the shelf depth adequately deep for stereo components, DVRs or DVD players. The cord management system was pretty straightforward, and we particularly like that the covers are paintable. We painted the cord covers and the cords coming out of the bottom and going into the outlet. The end result is a very clean, minimalist look for TV or stereo components. OmniMount Tria-2 Hanging A/V Shelf System (Two Shelves, black)

I needed an attractive two level shelf to support some home theatre equipment next to a 47" flat screen TV.

Being front and center in the great room, looks was important. It also had to be strong enough to easily support the receiver/amplifier, dvd player, satellite receiver, and cd player. From the ad, the Omnimount Tria 2 P 2-Shelf looked right for the job so I bought one. The packing was impressive for the somewhat heavy shipping container which included two glass shelves. The next thing to impress was the sturdiness of the shelf as a whole. I have no doubt that it is strong enough to hold four times the weight I'm putting on it. The main structure is heavy gage steel. The shape and finish of the tempered glass was well done and, combined with the smartly designed cover for the main support, presents a beautiful two piece glass shelf. I will look at Omni the next time I need a strong, elegant, affordable shelf. I'm totally impressed with what I got.

Product is very nice... They are very strong... Looks as if the tv is connected too my shelf system. You can connect more than 2 shelves...

I recommend this product also order an extra wire cover...You wont regret it...

Most reviews are spot on with this product.



I will add that you can mount this on a wall without the use of a stud. I have done so with 3 months total and one of the 3-shelf units. To do this go to your local home-depot/lowes and pickup hollow wall 100-lbs anchors. I used 4 of these anchors for the single sheft and 10 for the 3 shelf unit and both are now mounted and very strong. The multiple holes already drilled in the product allow for these extra anchors to be used.



Great product and with a little effort all wires can be hidden nicely!



Also you can purchase multiple Omni-mount tria (1,2 or 3 shelf units) and they will all work with one another. I might add another shelf to my current 3-shelf system in the furture!

This is a great unit. I searched all over for something that would work with my setup and I couldn't have asked for more. As you can see in the pictures I uploaded you can use the Omnimount CMK 4-Inch cable concealer to extend the shelving concealment. They are both paintable which we have not done yet but plan to.



It conceals a lot of different cables easily. I even have the surge protector cable looped through a couple of times to conceal it better. 2 HDMI, one Cat6, one RG6 (thick coax), one surge, Xbox360 power, cable box power, and clock power. All fit pretty well with no problems.

Our bedroom is small, the queen bed takes up 3/4 of the living space. Having a TV console or Stand would leave us with little to no room to maneuver from one side to the other that's the reason I had the LCD mounted on the wall. I was looking for alternative ways to have my equipment stored; initially I had shelving mounted above the TV to hold my equipment but that was a messy and untidy look with the equipments wiring protruding and dangling down. I came across the Omnimount Tria 2 Shelving system and thought this is exactly what i have been looking for. Installation and setup was a breeze. Finding a stud to mount the plates was easy since the stud I mount the LCD to ran straight down so all I had to do was to center the plates, drill the hole and screw on the plates. I love the wire management system and the cover to hide all the unsightly wiring. Overall, this is an excellent product that I would recommend. I have attached a picture (#2) showing the finish setup.

Overall, the OmniMount system was fairly easy to install. The only real caveat is that the system requires that it be mounted to a wall-stud, or masonry: This isn't a problem so much as a slight inconvenience, as it will be difficult to center the OmniMount beneath your TV, as 99% of TV wall-mounts will ALSO require mounting to a wall stud.



As is always the case, cable-management is a nightmare (Power cables, speaker cables, Component Video, HDMI cables, Optical cables, et al...), and this system seems to handle them well! The system includes two sliding covers, which do a good job of hiding the unsightly wiring towards the back of the wall. The covers slide/clip into places easily, and look pretty good!



However, there are some issues that keep the OmniMount from getting a full 5-Star rating. As another reviewer pointed out, the racks DO sway quite a bit, but that's not my biggest problem (swaying or not, they are VERY secure).



My issue is as regards the angle of the glass shelves. They angle downwards quite sharply, and the only way to alleviate the problem is to put some cardboard, padding, or some other substance under the front "legs" to "shim" the shelves up. Not a game-killer, but a minor annoyance that kept me from giving a 5-star review.



Thanks for reading folks! - Home Theater Component Shelf - Home Theater Wall Mount - Component Shelf - Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Flat Panel Wall Mount - component shelf, wall mount component shelf Flat Panel Wall Mount - component shelf, wall mount