Thursday 4 December 2008

Staples


I have never been a DeWalt fan in the past but this stapler has made me start looking at them as a tool source again. It is very light and easy to manuever around a project. Easy to load. Easy to adjust depth. Tool free jam clearing although they are rare. This stapler has made several jobs so much easier and a pleasure to do again. Comes with both a bump trigger and a sequencial trigger so it can be set up how ever you want it. I like the bump. But changing over is easy to do. For the cost this DeWalt has exceded everything I expected. Very good buy. Please note I do woodworking as a hobby. I am not a contractor or someone who uses this 24 x 7. Just different projects as my wife comes up with them... But everytime I reach for it I know it will do the job. I can count on it. To me that means a lot. DEWALT D51430 1-Inch to 2-Inch 16-Gauge 7/16-Inch Medium Crown Stapler

This stapler is just what I need for all of my 16ga.stapler jobs. The depth adjustment and the trigger mode are both easy to change. It is lighter than most 16ga. staplers making it less tiring to operate for a full day.

I'm real happy with this stapler, it's been a great value and a real money maker at the jobsite. I think I picked it up for $110 bucks.



I run a 150PSI air compressor, and generally frame with 100lbs in the line. Turn your line pressure up to 110-120 when you're shooting 2" staples and it'll drive them with no trouble. Drives everything else just fine at 100PSI. The housing is durable and the unjamming mechanism is flawless, though it's only jammed twice in the last 3 houses we framed.

Owned it for a week, used it for building a shed (mainly for stapling plywood floors and walls). Kept up to production needs and worked like a charm.



Didn't come with a bottom air attachment coupler. Fortunately I had extra, but thought that was weird.



All in all, me likey!!

I recently purchased this staple gun for installing cedar shingles on my garage. It has performed flawlessly, I've shot around 7500 staples with no jams. The depth adjustment is very easy to use and the setting works with varying air pressure. Very good for what I needed it for. I also used Fastener USA for Stainless steel staples, very good service.

I have both 18ga brad nailer and this 16ga stapler. They all have same problem. The safety nose piece gets stuck and not releasing on it's own. You have to pull the trigger to release. By doing so, you lose momentum on your speedy process. They say you can shoot this thing 3 shots per second. I don't think I can do it that fast. Frustration goes all the way. Dewalt makes good cordless nailers, but not pneumatic nailers. If you are a pro, use Hitachi.

I had to return product because I purchased it for Father's day and it turned out to be the wrong one my husband wanted. Anyway, they did charge me a restocking fee which was frustrating cause I literally didn't even open the box or anything. It was returned to them within 1 week of purchase too...trying to make money I guess. Had to put a star because they need it but the product was never used so I don't know how the it worked.

My old stapler broke after many years of faithful service so I needed a replacement. I looked at many different brands and decided on this one. Received it in short order and had pre-purchased 2" and 11/2 inch staples. I loaded it with the 2" staples first and shot some test drives only to think that it was not driving staples. There was very little recoil, very little noise, and it just appeared to not be loading the staples however, the more I shot the shorter the supply of staples was getting and in fact the gun was performing flawlessly. I have now shot about two thousand staples and it hasn't misfired once. Great deal.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Staples Staples Staples