Thursday 4 December 2008

Cold Weather Accessories


I have a problem.



Knit caps slide right off my head*. This isn't any sort of life-changing problem here in Florida, as there are usually only a few days out of the year that any sort of head-gear is necessary, but still --when it does get cold, it's frustrating to have the one thing that keeps my ears toasty work its way up past my lobes after just a few minutes.



So when I was planning a trip to somewhere REALLY cold, I knew that I should probably find a better head-warming solution. And I saw this ridiculous looking hat. And just like the old jelly commercial ("With a name like Smuckers, it's gotta be good!), I figured that a hat THAT goofy-looking had to be warm.



And boy was I right. Though I haven't taken my trip yet, we recently had a decent cold snap in Florida. (29 is REALLY cold when you're accustomed to 9 months of the thermometer reading anywhere from 80 to 98 degrees!) So I had a chance to test the hat for a few days, and by gosh it is WARM. Not only that, it STAYS ON MY HEAD! (Bonus points for that!)



And to add to my enjoyment, I actually had a TOTAL stranger approach me and state, "now THAT'S an awesome hat!" (Yeah, he's probably still laughing, but I'm okay with that.)



In fact, I had only one tiny issue that I'm bringing up ONLY because of the response received from the seller. When I received the hat, an elastic loop that attaches one of the ear-flaps to a button was half-undone. In fact, it came completely off in my wife's hand when she took a look at it to see if it could be re-attached. In any event, she was able to sew it back on, and it's just fine now, but I made a "SELLER COMMENT" earlier today and mentioned what I thought was a tiny 'quality control' issue.



And the seller (in this case Ratesh from 7Headz), wrote me an e-mail less than 2 hours later saying they would be happy to replace the hat, or do whatever else it took to make me happy. I was already happy. And now I'm THOROUGHLY impressed with the company as well.



****UPDATE**** I have returned from my trip, and it worked like a champ. My FEET were cold, but I can't blame the hat for that. ;-)





- Jonathan Sabin





* I recognize the fact that this could be my fault for being bald. Black Weatherproof Warm Nylon Faux Fur Pilot Aviator Trooper Trapper Aviator Hat for Men and Women with Complete Inner Faux Fur Lining

Perfect for snow clearing chores in Northern states. Very comfortable and warm, contributes to overall body heat retention. This is a must have in the North , especially because of the protection against wet precipitation. I am so confident that I need this that I now own an extra one.

For some reason, my husband specifically wanted this style hat. I suspect he is trying to extend his black-socks with sandals fashion statement into another season. Now we're only 1 season short of his complete dorkification.



I ordered this thinking he would try it on and then probably never wear it, but instead he LOVES it. He's completely satisfied with this hat because it's so warm and comfortable. I am surprised about the fit. My husband has had trouble getting hats to fit so I was glad this is cut on the big side. I got him a large and it fits perfectly. He says it is very comfortable.



Works for the whole family: Another great feature is that it's not real fur. We try to use animal-friendly products anyway, but I also can't imagine a product with real fur lasting very long around our 2 dogs. An unexpected benefit is that you can blackmail your teen-agers by threatening to have dad wear his new hat around their friends.



Overall, this is a fantastic product. It's EXACTLY what my husband wanted, and the entertainment value of watching my husband wear it around the neighborhood is priceless. We've purchased quite a few winter hats for him but this is the first one he really wears.

I recently purchased this hat to wear on those occasions when I have to be outside in the cold. I hate being cold so it's important to me to have clothing that will keep me warm. This hat seemed like it would do the job. I have examined it's construction and it appears that the construction is acceptable and it is not overly heavy and bulky. The problem is that if you have a large head, it will not fit. It runs small for something that is 'one size fits all'. I'm a female and have an averaged sized head and this hat is tight. It is not so tight that I can't wear it but it fits my head very snuggly. Anyone with a head any larger than mine or who had a very thick head of hair would not be able to wear it. Just beware of this if you're thinking about buying this product.

I got this hat for my husband after a good deal of research. It is wonderfully warm he says but needed to have been slightly bigger. As there was only one size there is nothing I can do about that. So, a good hat but on the small side for a man.

I purchased this for my husband. We are having a very cold winter in Vermont and that is why I purchased this hat. Upon using for the first time, we closed the clasp and sent him outside to shovel snow. The next time I looked out at my husband while he was shoveling, the hat was completely off his head; he pushed the hat back because he coulldn't see due to the fact that the hat came down over his eyes. The clasp closes at the bottom of the flaps,and was too loose. Clasp should close under chin area; thus avoiding the problem.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cold Weather Accessories Cold Weather Accessories Cold Weather Accessories