Friday 5 December 2008

Screwdrivers - multi-driver, 10-in-1


Klein manufactures tools for electricians. In this area they have no real competitors. Why?

Their tools are really built for professional use and are more often lost in an attic crawl space than retired because they have worn out.



Convenient, durable and a must for the handyman, remodeler or electrician.



I have often chucked up the barrel of this tool in my cordless drill/driver to run hex gutter hangers and raised seam sheet metal screws, kitchen cabinet (square bit) robertson screws and to pull down a washer or dryer to replace the inards. Manualy this is the best tool to install electrical switches, fixtures, receptacles and for work inside the panel.



For any plumbers out there - the socket barrels are the pefrect size for the stainless steel clamps on Fernco fittings.



Replacement tips are also available on Amazon - they don't seem to wear out but occasionaly break under heavy torque load ( 14.4 v dewalt xrp)



It is impossible to overestimate the utility of this tool.



I own three - (two in the work truck and one at home) and give them as gifts all the time. What a great way to impress a customer and insure future business.



Thanks Klein Tools!



Caslo Klein 32477 10-in-1 Screwdriver/Nut Driver

I have 2 of these 10-in-1 Klein screwdrivers and could not be

more pleased with them.



Some folks may prefer the 5-in-1 version as an alternate to

flipping chucks/bits around as much, and it is certainly a

good choice too. For maximum versatility though, this 10-in-1

model is as good as it gets.



Sturdy and solid, comfortable grip, with the high quality you

can expect from Klein Tools.

This is the best multi-bit screwdriver I've found. It provides the best selection of well constructed bit's I've found in a multi-bit tool. The grip is good and the bits are ground correctly and are quite durable. It means I don't have to carry a almost a dozen different items and can still get the job done. My only "want" would be for the handle to be a bit larger.



I agree with some of the other reviewers that the bits can fall out and sometimes get lost. However to me, for $10-$12, it's worth having a tool that provides excellent service and might need to get replaced after a few years because part of it gets lost. Also, as someone already pointed out, Klein provides a lifetime guarantee so if something actually breaks they will replace it.



BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews can take the place of first-hand experiences that are lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've received from other reviewers and work hard to return the favor as best as I can. I hope you found this review helpful and if there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it.

This screwdriver is a real timesaver as it is like having ten tools on you at once- There are 5/16" and 1/4" nut drivers, #1 and #2 Phillips, 1/4" and 3/16" slotted, #10 and #15 TORX®, #1 and #2 square-recess bits! Needless to say, this covers a great deal of what you would typically need.



This would be a great tool to include in a small toolbox for emergencies, or in that tool drawer in the kitchen...



I myself have one in each of my toolboxes! They are that versatile! In doing electrical work, I find myself frequently using the nut driver to seat ground screws in metal electrical boxes, while its nice to have a small slotted bit for removing coverplates on switches and outlets. And I never know if the switch or outlet will have slotted or phillips head screw terminals.



I don't use the robertson square drive bits much, but the torx srew bits came in handy for disassembly and repair on my Black & Decker jigsaw (see review please).



Klein tools are standard issue for electrical workers, but I see no reason this tool would not be handy in the hands of plumbers, carpenters, mechanics, and general handypeople/ DIYers.



The tool is a quality piece, with the steel shafts that hold the bits locking securely into a familiar yellow plastic handle with a black rubber grip- very comfortable to use for long stretches with no blisters! The bits are very durable as well- I frequently find myself chucking the sleeves and bits into the chuck of my drill.



Klein tools are made in USA, and are guaranteed for life as long as they are not abused/misused.(I.E: holes from arcing across a short circuit). At about 12 dollars, you really can't go wrong with this tool!

This screw driver is an all in one wonder and a must for any tool box or tool belt!



Pros: The body of the screw driver is fat for good torque, and the handle is easy on the hands. The tips are hard and durable so they will last for a long time. It takes the place of at least four normal screw drivers that one would need, plus it has several specialty bits that are nice to carry around.



Cons: Its heavier than a regular screw driver it's size, but when you think about it, it's taking up the roles of 10 tools.



To me, this 10-in-1 is worth every penny and more. It's built with Klein quality and I have no complaints. I highly recommend it to any one for home or commercial use.

I dont think there is much to say about a screwdriver. But I am an IT person and Klein leads the way in tools for our industry...as far as I am concerned.



Everything you would ever need to work on a computer, around the house, on electronics, and many other things.



You cant go wrong.

Twice now I've had the tip pop off and drop down into an inaccessible conduit! The first time I bought extra bits; this time I can't because I also lost the secondary sleeve that actually holds the bits, and that part doesn't appear to be available. Even so, I love this thing. It is the only screwdriver I keep in my toolbox and use it daily. Having the square drive and torx available is so handy. I'm buying another and using the one with missing parts for backup. - Multi-driver - Klein - Hand Tools - 10-in-1'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screwdrivers - multi-driver, 10-in-1 multi-driver Screwdrivers - multi-driver, 10-in-1