Friday 5 December 2008

Hp Premium Plus Photo - glossy finish, inkjet photo paper


I have been using the HP Premium Paper with an HP Printer for about a few weeks now and I love it. The print quality is great, the colors sharp and vivid; much better quality that the HP Advanced paper gives. I prefer size 5 x 7 because I don't feel the need to always frame larger photos. Also, this paper is BORDERLESS; HP makes certain types of paper with these ugly/annoying white, tabs along the edge so you can hold it once it comes out of the printer. Those tabs take away from the picture and even if you cut them, the picture still looks "off." The gloss level is great and (so far) none of my photos have faded, which is the main reason I started using HP Premium Paper instead of the Advanced Paper. HP Premium Plus Photo Paper, High Gloss, (60 Sheets, 5 x 7 Inches borderless)

I simply had to remark and let you know if you are looking for a great photo paper to print out your photo's on, this is your paper. I recently updated my All-In-One to the HP Photosmart 3310. What a diffrence both printer and photo paper made in my printing options. I am sure if you are looking at this product trying to decide if the money is worth spending, invest in this paper and see the results for yourself. I am sure you will be just as happy with the product as I am.

After reading the previous review I felt I had to respond. This paper is just wonderful. I have been using it for more than two years and have printed more than a hundred photos. I have never had a single problem. I don't know whether the problems reported in the previous review were caused by defective paper or possibly defective ink. I only use HP original ink cartridges for my HP Photosmart 8450 and never refill the cartridges.

I was happy to find the 5 x 7 photo paper. I had used HP Premium in the past, I did not hesitate to order 2 packages. The Premium Plus rating should have been better than what I had purchased in retail stores that no longer carry the product. This is not the case. The quality of the print is grainy and colors are 'faded' and even though the paper is advertised as 'glossy', the print quality is similar to matte. As a photographer who counts on quality paper for customer and personal satisfaction, I won't purchase this item again.

These do not work with Epson printer Clarisa inks. It apparently has to do with the special coating on the paper being incompatible with the ink. Printouts from my Epson Artisan 810 printer was very blotchy and redish on almost all settings. I would have never purchased this had I known this beforehand. DO NOT BUY unless you know you have compatible inks.

The box implies that these papers will work (fabulously) with any inkjet printer but with my Epson Stylus Photo R200, which has printed photos very well on other papers, the prints on this HP paper are bad. The ink looks like it is not drying properly so you have a pixilated type effect; it looks like you can see the drops of ink in the texture of the photo. Also in dark areas a series of lines appears across the photos. I cleaned the heads on the printer; I can stick a sheet of different brand photo paper in and the print comes out fine. Very unhappy with this paper. If it is only to work with HP printers then the box should state that loudly.

Not too long after I printed several images on this HP paper, I noticed that the images with deep shadows had developed a solarization effect. On some images it developed within a few minutes, but on others, not for several hours (after I'd taken the time to frame the pictures, not amused!). I printed the same images on other papers and two different printers with no problems. I've reported the problem to HP and have asked for a refund, but they certainly aren't going to refund the cost of the wasted ink, and I wasted hours of time. DO NOT buy this paper! - Inkjet Photo Paper - Glossy Finish'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hp Premium Plus Photo - glossy finish, inkjet photo paper glossy finish Hp Premium Plus Photo - glossy finish, inkjet photo paper