Tuesday 23 December 2008

Scotch - duck, packing tape


I think I got 'old stock' because every time the tape fell off the track and stuck itself back on the roll, I tried to pry it off and it came in strips - took forever to get it back to normal. Anyway, I canceled my subscribe and save because of it. Duck Brand HD Packaging Tape, 1.88 inch x 55 Yard, Crystal Clear, 2 Rolls with Dispenser (07290)

The Duck Brand Packaging Tape is pretty good in comparison to a lot of the other that I've tried, but ONLY if you're getting it at a good price. I use Amazon's "subscribe and save" and can save an additional 15% off the total price. So here are the other type of tapes I've tried, which will help you understand why I gave this 4 stars. I've tried tape from the 99 cents generic store brand tape to SCOTCH packaging tape to LEPAGE's packaging tape and find that this specific Duck Brand packaging actually lasted a lot longer than the 6 pack of scotch packaging and the durability is pretty good. I ship items all over the country and hope that the tape can hold the shipments together until it gets to their final destinations. In the past when I used the generic 99 cents generic brand, I'd get a lot of complaints. I bought this Duck Brand a few weeks ago and surprisely enough I still have a lot left on the roll and also, I can use this on my big packaging projects as well.

-unrolls evenly

-dispenser makes it easy to use

-stays sticky and keeps boxes shut



I'm picky about my packing tape. I can't stand the kind that un-peels into tiny little strips, and when you can finally get a length off, doesn't want stay stuck to anything. This stuff works!!!

This is great shipping tape, but the dispenser is not fantastic. Its sometimes difficult to pull the tape through and is very loud! I use this to ship all sorts of stuff in the mail, though, and it holds really well.

It is difficult to get excited about packing tape, but the Duck Brand works fine and is much less expensive than comparable brands (Scotch 3M) at my drugstore. I like the two pack, as it is great having an extra roll in reserve. I am definitely satisfied with this product, it adheres nicely and the dispenser is easy to use and cuts the tape neatly.

This is great sturdy tape. Much thicker than other tape, and holds up well. I used it to tape boxes which were then moved over 2,000 miles in the cold and none of the tape broke or let loose. Will buy again when I need more.

Buy the Scott tape instead. This tape is thinner and the end will close back on the roll, even though it is not supposed to and then you won't be able to get the whole end going again. When you pick on the end to get it loose, it will peel it in strips and you will have wasted your money. We did. - Scotch - Packing Tape - Duck - Tape'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Scotch - duck, packing tape duck Scotch - duck, packing tape