Monday 15 December 2008

Reciprocating Saws - tools, sawzall


Order - Excellent

Price - Excellent

Delivery Time - Perfect/Excellent

Container Received - Average (A little beat up...enough to be concerned about the item)

Hardware Condition - Excellent/Perfect

1st cut through wood fence runner - Excellent

2nd cut through metal nail - Excellent

3rd cut small wood tree branch - Good (This saw is not a chain saw....balance is not the same)

Blade Set up or Insertion lock - Good (Must be perfect or will not lock, this is good for

safety but annoying when it will not lock)



After opening the package, I attached a Dewalt XLT 18V Battery and tried it out. I was surprised on the overall

weight 8 pounds with the battery. When I pulled the trigger, the saw slightly twisted in my hand.... making me

wonder how it was going to cut. The saw is not short on torque. Nice suprise for a battery operated tool.

I then purchased some new wood and metal blades. I successfully locked the blade into place after a couple attempts.

My first cuts were on a wood fence runner and metal (nail). The saw cut through both items like butter. This battery

operated reciprocating saw/sawzall tool is a good fit for quick cuts in remote places. I have not used it in long

duration applications....yet.



I would recommend this item to a Male friend....but not my Wife. Bare-Tool DEWALT DC385B 18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)

Purchased this saw a little while ago, decided to try it out on a small tree (25' tall with a an 8" diameter trunk) saw worked great! Used two battery's but cut right through everything. Its well built with plenty of power!

This is a great saw. If you already have 18v Dewalt tools, this lets you only buy what you need - no extra batteries or cases. The tool is brand new and comes with instructions, warranty and single 5/6 starter blade.



I used this all afternoon cutting fallen tree branches. It worked in the rain - getting quite wet and abused - like a champ. It never burned out or even slowed down. When the battery is just about done, it goes from 100% strength to 15% strength within about 5 seconds.



This is fairly heavy, so one handed use is possible but not fun in the long term. The blade can be set in all four directions.



This is really a quality tool and I highly recommend it. - 18v - Tools - Dewalt - Sawzall'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Reciprocating Saws - tools, sawzall dewalt Reciprocating Saws - tools, sawzall