Tuesday 9 December 2008

Protein Shake - energizing, protein


When the container is opened, the smell is reminiscent of "Play Doh" - clay/chalk-like. The taste is very much like what it must be like if you mowed your lawn and then let it dry, and then blended that up and put it in a drink and consumed it.

I cannot stress enough the taste is terrible.



That said, the fiber, low carbs, rice protein, and ginseng in it (normal and eleuthero) actively make me feel better after drinking it. More energy with no jitters.



To mask the awful flavor, I usually use another whey protein powder that is chocolate to mask the flavor of this stuff - two or three scoops of the other one and one of this, into 14-18oz of reduced fat milk, cold, and then after stirring it up drink it as fast as possible.



If you are looking for something delicious, this is not for you. If you are looking for additional protein and fiber in your diet, with low carbs as well, this is a great product (and Amazon has it cheaper than my local stores, and it ships "free" with Prime). Rainbow Light Protein Energizer Food-Based Dietary Supplement Powder Vanilla Flavor 17-Ounce Bags (Pack of 2)

What can I say, it's not the tastiest thing out there but it is extremely low carb, no sugar, high protein, high fiber, spirulina, green food, aminos, digestive enzymes, vitamins, etc. It fills me up, and, I'm building muscle and losing fat. I can't say that for any other protein powder i've tried. It has everything i want, and reasonably priced. The taste isn't that bad, just a little flour-like. No big deal for me, for the sake of getting the nutrients i want. The taste can be masked.

If you want protein powder that tastes amazing, try Fruitien, however, with 13g net carbs per serving and low fiber, compared to the 1g net carb per serving of this, it does not compare.

The icing on the cake for me is the eco-packaging.

I couldn't tell you if it made me feel better because I couldn't finish one shake. I've never had a protein shake this disgusting. The ingredients say it's good for me so I'll give it an extra star for that. The first sip was gross. I gave it another shot. Still nasty. Third time's the charm? Nope, it's grainy like sand that won't dissolve and it went straight into the trash.

LOVE THIS STUFF. DRINK IT EVERY MORNING IN MY BLENDER

ENERGY DRINK. A LITTLE SWEET BUT NOT TOO MUCH, STILL GREAT WITH EVEN APPLE JUICE. TALKED MY "I DON'T BELIEVE IN ALL THAT VITAMIN STUFF" HUSBAND INTO DRINKING IT, A COUPLE WEEKS LATER HE SAID "WOW THAT STUFF REALLY WORKS, I CAN GET THROUGH THE DAY WITHOUT WANTING A 2 P.M. NAP" ALSO NO GLUTEN!!! I WAS BUYING IT AT THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND PAYING FOR ONE WHAT I PAY FOR TWO THROUGH AMAZON. IF ENERGY IT WANT YOU WANT TRY THIS....GIVE IT SOME TIME.....YOU WILL BE HAPPY.

I like this protein powder so much I have it on a recurring order. It has 500 mgs of spirulena, along with other herbs & minerals. It is truly an energizer and buying it through Amazon makes it affordable for me. There's a discount for an autoship that brings the cost way down.

The taste is not great, but not as horrible as others have described. It is ideal in a blender with some light soy milk and banana or blueberries. if you don't mix it properly, it will be gloopy. but i love everything about it!! it does make you feel good and you know its good for you.

I, too, was looking for a protein supplement that was both good-tasting and was free of allergens as well as added sugar. I was thrilled to find this and my experience with it has more than matched my expectations. It is plenty sweet for me and the texture mixed with apple juice and water adds a nice creamy element. Maybe it's because I'm a long-time vegetarian who has a minimal need for sugar, and actually finds great enjoyment in foods that are good for me, but, bottom-line is that I enjoy this product and plan to keep it as a regular supplement to my diet.

This powder is definitely chalky in taste, but I add vanilla and use vanilla almond milk to make it ore appetizing. Besides the taste, some may find the green color unappealing, but it doesn't bother me. Love having a protein shake I can drink without having to worry about my allergies.

I am on a low 3 ounces protein and no sodium diet and I didn't want a lot of other ingredients that my body can't handle and it is food based. It's Organic 100% national free of gluten, yeast, milk, eggs,wheat, but best of all it has only 10mg of sodium and high in 15 mg protein this is very good for me , high in fiber no added sugar a very good Vanilla Protein Energizer drink. I have one scoop full with one cup of juice in the morning for breakfast alone with oatmeal and raisens I love it. I had been looking for the right one for me a long time I am 71 years old and Iam telling you truth about this I am very happy. - Health - Energizing - Protein - Fiber'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Protein Shake - energizing, protein fiber Protein Shake - energizing, protein