Tuesday 9 December 2008

Fisher - bullet pen, gear


I keep this in my back pants pocket, because it is small enough that I can do so. It gets sat on, dropped, and occasionally sent through the washing machine... and it is still as good as new.



I keep this pen in my pocket so that I _always_ have something to write with. It is not my favourite desk pen, and it is not my favourite note-taking pen. But I keep it with me because when all else fails, I _know_ this pen will write, period. It is especially good for signing those obnoxious thermal NCR credit card slips.



The titanium coating looks like mother-of-pearl, and I have had many people compliment me on the "neat" pen. One reviewer was concerned that the titanium would wear off eventually. I have had worn this pen on my person for 20 months the coating is as good as ever. I had a blue painted space pen which went through the laundry and started to lose its blue paint, but the coating on this titanium pen has really lasted well. Fisher Space Pen, Bullet Space Pen, Rainbow Titanium Nitride (400RB)

Excellent pen especially if you want a compact pen that writes anywhere and anytime you need it to and only when you want it to write (no leaks at high temperatures, high or low altitudes and works well in low temperatures).

First I'll mention that while space pen cartridges will write on many surfaces, they won't do it as well as on ordinary paper. So while I've gotten mine to write on waxed paper and glass the resulting writing was pretty faint and ghostly. However, the writing upside down and horizontally claim is, I'm proud to say, completely true, with no decline in writing quality.

Besides the novelty of being able to write in unusual circumstances, the thing that I like best about Space Pen cartridges in general is that they writes very smoothly with uniform quality until the day they run out of ink. I've had one run out and it did it in half a sentence, and that was that, no intermittent ink break ups, just a quick sudden decline and it was done for good, no teasing. However, I find that Fisher's ink cartridges write a little weakly until they've been broken in over the course of a few paragraphs.

As for the pen itself, at first it felt a little weird because it's thinner than I had expected, you can see in the photos I uploaded that it's thinner than a typical pen. Eventually though I got used to it. I'm pleased to report that the rainbow coating is very durable. Overall a very nice pen.

I bought this pen because in the past I have had other Fisher Space pen and I have found them to be one of the most dependent and great writing pens ever. This is one of the few times when a product works just the way it suppose to. I have found other pens not to write in certain circumstances and being frustrated by the fact, but my Fisher Space pens always write in all kinds of weather and in every situation. If your someone who needs a dependable pen my advice is spend the money and get a Fisher Space Pen you'll never go back to a regular pen again, and they are convenient too.

bought this as gift for friend. not convenient to use. did not write on "any" surface as advertised nor did it write underwater. but maybe i misread the ad. very pretty pen though. no report from friend if likes. i may eventually buy one for myself to do a more legitimate test drive of the product. it was in my possession less than 24 hours after receiving it, and didn't think it proper to play with it too much... it is attractive and would be easily identified and that is a plus for office workers, etc. try it out yourself. they are guaranteed. - Bullet Pen - Gear - Fisher'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fisher - bullet pen, gear gear Fisher - bullet pen, gear