Tuesday 9 December 2008

Bathroom Sink Faucets - handheld showerhead, shower faucets


We were thrilled to be able to replace our shiny brass and this faucet looks great. Our previous faucet was Delta also. We will have to do a slight mod to shorten the plastic part on the valve to make this fit but should be very easy to do. Delta Foundations BT2796-OB Roman Tub Trim, Oil Bronze, (Not CA/VT Compliant)

I purchased this roman tub fixture as part of a bathroom remodel. To my surprise, when it came in the mail, my handyman told me that it was missing parts. In reality, there were no missing parts- the problem was that the description fails to mention that you will most likely need a new valve (usually referred to as a rough-in valve) to replace your existing roman tub fixture. In fairness, the description does describe the product as a roman tub "trim". The trim means that you only get the parts that you see on the outside. To a layperson like me, this simply was not enough information. I did not understand that I would need a new valve to replace my old faucet. I had to spend $85 on a rough-in valve and my bathroom remodel was delayed multiple days. When I contacted the seller to return the item (with thoughts of buying a trim and valve together in order to avoid the delay to my remodel project), I was informed of the company's poor return policy. There was a restocking fee and I was going to be charged for shipping that was free on the original purchase- I chose not to return it. Again, the product works very well, but I think BUYER'S SHOULD BE AWARE that a rough-in valve is most likely needed. - Handheld Showerhead - Delta - Shower Faucets'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bathroom Sink Faucets - handheld showerhead, shower faucets shower faucets Bathroom Sink Faucets - handheld showerhead, shower faucets