Saturday 6 December 2008

Pocket Camcorder - 1080p, toshiba


this is a full hd camcorder with a 5x optical zoom for $180 so be too critical on it would not be fair! it is better than the standard def jvc everio i just got rid of. it strong point that it take 10 megapixel still photos that look quite good, if you can hold the camera completely still! if not they get blurry quickly. and one thing i do not understand is that if i take hd video and put it on my computer it looks really good, but if i hook the camcorder to my 42" hdtv to veiw it looks really hideous i mean really grainy and pixelated for some reason? i have not tried to convert and burn on a dvd yet to see how they will look, but that will be my next project. the software that comes with it is ok at best! but hey it is free and is usable! so my verdict is! for youtubing this would be an excellent choice. for a videophile or someone who make their own blu ray disc's look else where because this camcorder will probably dissapoint you? and like i said the photo's and video's look really horrible on an hdtv through the hdmi port. :o) Toshiba Camileo H30 Full HD Camcorder (Silver/Black)

To contribute to the the review stating the video looked horrible when hooked up to his HDTV, when hooked up to mine it looks great. No distortion or pixelation at all.



If your looking for a budget HD camcorder, this is a great buy with some great features at this price. The zoom is adequate but requires a very steady hand even with image stabilization on 720P mode. Red and blues look a little over saturated but not too bad. Stills look just as good as the video but also requires a steady hand.



I gave it 4 stars based on performance for the money. I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone looking for a sub $300 HD camcorder.



Also, here is a good review as well. [...]

I bought this cam and I must say it is an excellent little cam the only thing I don't care for is the 5x zoom and yes it can take any kind of HD TV but some of older ones need an adapter.

Now what you may not know about this cam is it has the new Digital Video Format AVI, H.264 in it... here is the full story check it out [...]



If you want to see more test videos on this cam type in on You Tube Toshiba Camileo H30 and see for yourself how good this little cam really is or click on [...] for a test run and on the same page there are many other test runs on this cam



Now what I like is that the touch screen can also be used with the toggle switch as well so fingerprints don't cover the screen I like that also there is no battery sticking out the back I like that the best

Love the Macro mode motion detection mode for surveillance, slow motion, and time elapse all work well.

As soon as you take this camcorder out of the box, you are going to be scurrying around trying to find random things to film with it to test it out. When you consider this camera is quite a few years old and the incredible price for the feature it offers, surely the quality must be terrible. After taking the time walk around my house with it and test it on random things for the past few weeks I must say, I am really impressed. The camera is not going to shoot the same quality you would see in a professional movie which is to be expected. The image stabilization only works in the 720P mode and not the 1080P modes, however 720P looks just as good in almost all scenarios so this does not bother me very much. The fact that the camera comes with a mini hdmi to hdmi cable is pretty awesome. You could easily spend 20 bucks on one. I am using an 8GB sd card with the camera and it is working very well. The camera does struggle in dark lighting. It works in dark lighting but things like details on something that is painted black or brown are going to be lost. When using the camera in the middle of the day it really excells. The slow motion feature is pretty cool to play around with. If you have never owned a camcorder before and you are considering one, look no further.

This camcorder is the perfect size, its not big and bulky and is easy to carry around.

Pros:

-I love that it came with all of the HDMI cords which could easily run another $50

-Easy to carry

-10 megapixel camera

_ touch screen

-stabilizer

-zoom

-Easy to upload to you tube

Cons:

-No led light and you can't film in low light, like at my daughter's recital

- Not MAC compatible

So I recently purchased this product to do some video projects. I was a little hesitant at first to purchase this because I always seem to buy camcorders with too much audio noise or some other annoying flaw. It has been a couple weeks since I've been using this. I am "very" pleased with this product. No annoying buzz in my recordings and the video quality is excellent.



This certainly isn't going to produce the same results as those $3,000.00 USD camcorders will. But grading this compared to one of those is just silly. I've noticed this with a lot of other reviews I've read on camcorders. People tend to call the product garbage because it doesn't compare with those super high end models.



I'm currently using mine for producing 1080p videos and I'll admit I haven't bothered with the still image photos of this product yet. But the video quality for the price range of these camcorders are top notch! I also read the image stabilization is bad but I really haven't Encountered much of that. But I have a very steady hand and use a tripod most of the time.



The only problem I've encountered is that sometimes the auto-adjustment will take a moment to regain focus on objects that get too close to the camera.



Anyways, I'm not a professional Cameraman so take what I say with a grain of salt. However, from my "average Joe" point of view I'm really pleased with this product. - Toshiba - Camcorder - 1080p - High Definition'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pocket Camcorder - 1080p, toshiba camcorder Pocket Camcorder - 1080p, toshiba