Saturday 6 December 2008

Outdoor Furniture


I spent a long time shopping online for inexpensive outdoor furniture that's also stylish, so I was pleased to find this 4-piece set with clean lines. It was easy to put together, and it's sturdy enough to meet our needs. The cushions are a little thinner than you might find on the more expensive furniture, but the chairs and love seat are still comfortable. Overall, I think it's a good product for the price. Strathwood Brentwood 4-Piece Outdoor Furniture Set

the strathwood Brentwood set looked great on the web and to be honest the framing is good. The problem is with the padding in the cushions. We received the furniture on a Monday and put it together and sat on one chair for about an hour on Monday. I notied the seat pad had depressed and I thought its new and should pop back up. Well two weeks have passed and it never did. I sat in other seats and within no time the seats are flat.



I have never had patio furniture where the seat padding was so cheap. There are no zippers for the cushions to change out the padding so i am gonna just replace all the pads and mark this one up to a learning experience. I will learn not to purchase from this manufacturer again. I would have been better off buying from WalMart or Target,

We received this in a state of disrepair. Frames were bent, screws were stripped and after spending 10 hours putting it together could only get the love seat and coffee table set up. The two chairs were so broken they could not be put together. I contacted the company who said to contact Amazon. Amazon was helpful but could not replace the chairs as they had none in stock. They ended up refunding me half my money but now we have a love seat and coffee table on our deck and no chairs. Very disappointing experience.

Outside coating/covering "bubbled" up and has peeled off within first few months of ownership. Made it unsafe to use, people actually could get cut severely. Just has gotten worse over time and there is no way to contact seller. Very disappointing for the amount of money I spent.

I received free shipping with an order to my daughter for Christmas. There was no mention of anyone needing to be home at delivery time and she has not been contacted by anyone for delivery scheduling. I received letter from freight company applying charges for over $200 for storage due to them not being able to deliver. Amazon needs to make their delivery guidelines clearer to customers. If they need to be home for delivery it should be stated. I am being charged for something I do not feel I should be liable to pay. I will not use Amazon again for ordering after this experience. It's been a nightmare and we still do not have the merchandise.

The frame is assembled my threading screws in one part to a nut welded to another. on 3 of the 4 pieces, there was at least 1 nut that was welded into place crooked. I was able to assemble all pieces but had difficulty with cross-threading and binding.



All in all, the quality of the furniture was so-so and may not be a good choice for a novice.



I had a more significant problem with delivery. The courier service, Home Direct, received the product in our city 2 days prior to the expected delivery date. A representative for Home Direct or their local affiliate called and told us that they wouldn't come to our area until the following week and that there was nothing they could do. The courier then reported to Amazon that the customer requested rescheduled delivery (presumably to hide the fact that they couldn't/wouldn't deliver as scheduled). I was told multiple times over several days that Homes Direct would call me to reschedule delivery, and multiple times they did not call.



The delivery service was lack-luster at best or fraudulent at worst. The incident was reported to Amazon customer service who said that they would investigate

First of all, let me say that I've only just now finished assembling this furniture. I haven't used them yet.



My first impression of the set is that it's about what I expected. For $500, you're getting an aluminum frame and fairly cheap cushions. You're not getting a lot of style or incredible comfort, but I've looked all over and, for the price, I don't think this set can be beaten. It looks nice, provides a great outdoor space and is more comfortable than sitting on a simple lawn chair. The only reason I've rated this a 4 instead of a 5 is because the finish on the frames is pretty spotty and suspect. I believe it will hold up well, but I wouldn't expect it to last more than 5 years or so out in the elements. I plan on covering mine when not in use to minimize the wear-and-tear.



Please follow the meager assembly instructions that come with it. The screws and the screw-mounts are not the best quality. I consider myself a fairly skilled handyman and it wasn't until the 3rd try that I managed to figure out the best way to assemble this set.



First of all, if at all possible, assemble this inside on a carpet. This will allow you to do it more comfortably and will also keep the pieces from getting scratched.



Attach one side of a chair to the seat as specified, however only tighten the screws two revolutions, no more. Attach the other side in the same manner. Then attach the back to the other 3 pieces. Only AFTER you have gotten every screw started correctly in each hole should you start to tighten the screws down. Take your time and work around the chair, tightening each screw about 5-6 revolutions at a time, NO MORE! If you have an electric screwdriver, ratcheting screwdriver or ratchet set with the proper Allen/star bits, it will help a great deal.



Once you have all the pieces snug against each other, continue moving around the chair and tighten each screw with your ratchet or whatever fits the screw best. Do everything very deliberately and carefully to make sure you don't strip a screw. TAKE YOUR TIME. On one chair I tightened a side before I got all the screws properly mounted. It took me almost 2 hours to correct my mistake! However, on the loveseat, I followed the above procedure and the entire assembly took me about 20 minutes.



SUMMARY: Great set for the price. Take your time and assemble slowly and carefully.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Outdoor Furniture Outdoor Furniture Outdoor Furniture