Monday 29 December 2008

Game Cameras - wildlife camera, primos


This is a great camera!!! Bought it thinking that it would be ok at best. Checked the pictures today and was absolutely amazed by the picture quality in both day and night. IT PICKED UP EVERYTHING MY $250 SPYPOINT WAS MISSING AND MORE!!! One thing I like about this camera is the 15 second intervals and the LCD screen on the front. The screen tells you how many pictures it has taken so there is not need to open it to check. Wild Game Innovations Red 6 Infrared Digital Scouting Camera

I picked this camera up a few months back, and have been real impressed with the increase in both picture quality and battery life compared to some of my other game cameras.



The infrared flash reaches out plenty far enough for getting some good shots of my locations, and has caught a few good pics of groups of deer feeding. I have another IR camera from another brand that gets "tunnel like" vision on a lot of it's pics, but I haven't noticed that with this particular model. So far so good.



As far as battery life is concerned, I haven't had to replace them yet, and I've gotten over 275 pics in the 2 months it's been up.



I might have to pick up a few more of these at this price.

I definately like these cameras. They are small, take good videos, are easy to use, and seem to have good battery life. You can also get a small security cable through them. But I would have to say that their best feature is that they only take videos if they sense motion AND heat. Unlike my Primos which takes videos of blowing leaves all the time. One downside to it is that the trigger speed is a little slower than I'd like to see. A 50' range is a little generous too. I'd say it's around 30'. Bottom line, for $75-$80, you can't beat this camera! I would have paid $125 and been fine with it.

Set it up in the back yard to give it a test before taking to the woods. Glad I did. On the fourth day the batteries were down to 1 bar and it stopped taking pictures. Installed new batteries and it still won't take pictures and now can't access the menu and holding in the button to turn unit off doesn't work. At least it quit long before the 30 day return time is up.

This simple infrared, motion sensor camera works as described technically. The motion sensor is not as sensitive nor long distance as stated.. But it works fine for simple purpose...set it, it senses something moving across near by it sensor then it takes a picture. It's an okay product.

Needing a new game camera, I carefully read all the reviews, did my due diligence, etc. Got the Wild Game 6 megapix scouting camera from Amazon. Observations: beautiful day pictures, pretty good night pictures in infrared- if you like infrared. Being somewhat curious, I compared this camera side by side with my one year old Moultrie D-50 Game camera (also sold by Amazon), and I was surprised that the D-50 is catching *many* more pictures than this Wild Game camera is (true, some are birds and coons). Also, I have to admit I am used to seeing flash color pics at night off the Moultrie, and so the infra red, while quite good for infra red, just isn't what I am used to (and want to) seeing. We are having a heck of a heat wave/drought here in Texas, so maybe the sensitivity setting isn't what it should be on the Wild Game camera- its on the default setting of medium. When it was cooler a few weeks ago it took significantly more pictures. Now my old camera at another location is going out, and the replacement decision will be between the Wild Game and the Moultrie. Right now I'm leaning to the Moultrie, but gosh, those day pictures of the Wild Game are just stunning (if taken - pics not always taken by Wild Game while the Moultrie does... which is NOT what I expected!)

Both are about the same price. I have never really seen indications that my critters get scared of a flash, so I am not really seeing the wisdom at the moment of the infra red. After being ruined by the wild game day pics, I might move up to a better camera with more megapix whatever the brand.

This camera was simple to set up. The pictures were outstanding. I set all at medium and the pictures, even at night, were very clear. I did research on just about every camera and chose this one and glad I did. - Game Camera - Primos - Wildlife Camera - Game Cameras'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Game Cameras - wildlife camera, primos wildlife camera Game Cameras - wildlife camera, primos