Tuesday 16 December 2008

Childrens Classics - good cheap watch, digital watch


I use this watch while kayaking, so it gets wet constantly. Never a leak or an internal failure, in spite of its lack of being "water proof".



Its small size is much more comfortable on my wrist than typical sports watches, and the lack of a fancy lap time function isn't a factor for me - although I'm constantly using the stopwatch.



The only drawback is a band that isn't the strongest, but at this price, I buy three watches at a time to make sure I've always got "enough". Don't take that to mean the band breaks constantly. I'm pretty brutal and the band typically lasts a couple of years. CASIO F91W-1 Casual Sport Watch

This is a great watch. I've had mine for over seven years and the original battery is still going. This is a nice and simple watch with stopwatch and alarm. I also like that it is not too bulky on the wrist.

Just an interesting tidbit, according to a recent wikileaks article from US govt internal documentation:



"The possession of a Casio F-91W model watch and the silver-color version of this model, the A159W, is an indicator of al-Qaeda training in the manufacture of IEDs. The Casio was known to be given to the students at al-Qaeda bomb-making training courses in Afghanistan, at which the students received instruction in the preparation of timing devices using the watch."

This Watch is simple to set, inexpensive, looks good & the battery will last at least 5 years if not more. I had a previous one & after 4 years the band is on its last legs. My only complaint is I'd like to see a stronger made Watch band that will last as long as the battery. I hope they keep making this watch because I will keep buying it.

This watch blew me away with it's amazing features and small size. I've owned the F91W for about a year now, and it has seen a lot during that year. Sand, debris, etc. has no effect on this rugged watch - you could strap a bomb to it and it'd probably come out in one piece! But I'm just guessing.



Although it is hard to pick, I would say the feature that I love the most is the countdown timer. As the clock nears the lovely "00:00", the beeping steadily increases to a piercing trill. Of course, this can be disabled if the sound of that doesn't get you off like it does me.

I am satisfied with this watch in every way except one: it is much smaller than I had anticipated. It is not tiny, but my wrists are large and it looks smaller than any men's watch I would like on my wrist. I bought this watch for the sole purpose of saving wear & tear on my dress watches, and will be worn only when running or cycling or motorcycling, etc. Otherwise the display is smallish but clear, the functions are simple (nothing more or less than I would ever need), so it's a decent digital sports watch. Great price. 4 stars - Digital Watch - Classic - Good Cheap Watch - Countdown Timer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Childrens Classics - good cheap watch, digital watch digital watch Childrens Classics - good cheap watch, digital watch