Tuesday 16 December 2008

29 Inch Inseam - jeans, levi 501


I've bought 10 pairs of these jeans over the last couple of years from Amazon. I just love them. I work as a pipe welder and they see a lot of very rough use. I'm always crawling inside of pipes or up on ladders and blowing a lot of sparks on them. They are very well constructed jeans. They have a gusseted crotch and reinforcement sewn inside on the back pockets. They are made from a very tough but not too stiff fabric. I really like the design and the fit. Unlike Carhart jeans the pockets feel like they are placed where they should be, and the coin pocket is big enough and placed well so that it is actually usable. I keep my car keys in it and they are always safe there but also quite handy, Carharts coin pocket is too small for car keys and very hard to get anything in or out of. I hate the way Carharts put my wallet in a place where it is always putting pressure on my butt. With the Riggs jeans everything is so well designed you don't notice anything being in the wrong place like with Carharts. They are roomy in all the right places so that no matter if you are squatting, crouching, kneeling or climbing they never interfere with your movements. I'm not really crazy about the leather reinforcement on the right side pocket to keep your tape measure from wearing out the pocket. I've found that the reinforcement is so thick that it makes it difficult to clip your tape measure onto your pocket, but this is really a very minor gripe. I also think it would be nice if they had a double layer of fabric in the knees, but again a minor gripe and I expect doing that would drive the price up a good bit higher. Most important is that they come in my size, 38X36, a size Walmart or any of the other department stores just won't carry. When I have found my size at retail stores the price was way too high for a pair of jeans. So finding these jeans in my size at this price with free shipping is just wonderful. The fact that they are such a quality product is just icing on the cake. Riggs Workwear By Wrangler Men's Relaxed Fit Jean, Antique Indigo, 33W x 34L

I bought these for my husband who is very reluctant to ever buy any jeans other than his Levis 550's. The Riggs workwear jeans are well made, and fit ok, but there is much room in the seat where most guys don't need it. The inner part of the front pockets also show when worn as they just don't stay in place. Other than that, they have been good jeans so far!

My husband prefers jeans with the a gusset and as you probably know, they're hard to find. Until now he's worn ones by Duluth; unfortunately they've gotten WAY too expensive and they're just not worth the price. We ordered several pair of Riggs and found them to all be quite baggy on his slim frame (not just the "relaxed fit" ones--all of them). The other brand looked better but not enough to justify their price. We're happy to deal with some bagginess in exchange for the great value of these jeans.

They are comfortable, the tape measure pocket protector is awesome, they didn't shrink, it has 7 belt loops. Amazon is a great place for me to find the size of pants I need most stores don't carry 34"x36"

These are the strongest and best fitting jeans I have ever bought. I work construction and put a lot of stress on my jeans and none have held up like this pair. By far the best bang for your buck. I suggest buying multiple pairs before they are gone. You will not be dissapointed.

These jeans fit like Carhartt but with a tapered leg. No hammer loops or thigh pockets to catch on things. No wavy stripes across the back pockets. The little leather tab on the pocket is a good idea for cell phone clips & tape measures. Well reinforced in crotch. These fit right the first time you put them on.

This is my favorite jean by far!

Not sure if the above review is even about the same jeans or not.

These jeans are very well taylored with added features all around.

The nicest feature is the gusseted crotch which is very comfortable!

The back pocket trim and leather patch for the front pocket are nice.

Very deep inside trim on the front pockets never shows!

And the 5th pocket is very roomy and placed well.

As for the "baggy" rear, well, I am like most guys, not having much to sit on and the seat fits me perfect. I'm average build. I think the descriptive pictures above shows this well.

I have actually been stopped in the office by the girls to comment on how nice they looked. The kicker, my co-worker buddies have even asked me where I got them.

These are very comfortable and well made. I hope Wrangler never changes anything about these jeans. They are made for men!

You should try a pair! Not your average jeans!

Want something really toasty for the winter? Check the Thinsulated pair of these jeans out. They are great as well! - Levis - Wrangler - Jeans - Levi 501'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


29 Inch Inseam - jeans, levi 501 wrangler 29 Inch Inseam - jeans, levi 501